NHL Preview and Best Bets (February 24): East Division Rivals Lead the Lines
There are seven games on the NHL betting schedule today, but a packed evening is ahead. The action starts early today, with two East Division matchups commencing at 5:00 pm ET.
The East Division is drawing a lot of attention over the first month and a half of the season. With only four teams from each division qualifying for the playoffs, at least one really good team could end up missing out on the postseason. Will it be the Columbus Blue Jackets? The Dallas Stars? The Chicago Blackhawks? Or could it be the Dallas Stars, who were a surprise Stanley Cup finalist last season?
Among the division’s members, the Stars, Florida Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes, and Tampa Bay Lightning are in action today, with the Hurricanes vs Lightning matchup headlining the evening’s schedule. Elsewhere, the Toronto Maple Leafs look to continue their blistering start to the season as they host the Calgary Flames. The Flames took down the Leafs the other night, but a second straight win will not come easily.
NHL Betting Preview Menu
- February 24 NHL Betting Schedule
- NHL Betting Game(s) of the Day
- NHL Betting Odds and Trends
- February 24 NHL Best Bets
February 24 NHL Betting Schedule
February 24 NHL Betting Game of the Day
Carolina Hurricanes vs Tampa Bay Lightning
- Moneyline: Hurricanes +132, Lightning -158
- Total: OVER 6.5 (+120), UNDER 6.5 (-140)
For a closer look at our NHL betting Game of the Day, check out our Hurricanes vs Lightning preview.
February 24 NHL Betting Odds and Trends
Hurricanes vs Lightning
NHL Betting Matchup: Carolina Hurricanes (12-4-1, 6-3-0 away, 10-5-1 O/U) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (11-4-1, 6-1-0 home, 9-6-1 O/U)
Key Hurricanes vs Lightning Betting Trends: For the key betting trends for this matchup, check out our Hurricanes vs Lightning betting preview.
Stars vs Panthers
NHL Betting Matchup: Dallas Stars (5-4-4, 1-3-1 away, 7-6-0 O/U) vs Florida Panthers (12-3-2, 6-2-1 home, 9-8-0 O/U)
Key Stars vs Panthers NHL Betting Trends: The Stars are currently mired in a six-game winless streak and are 1-4-4 in their last nine games since starting 4-0-0. The Stars are also 1-3-1 on the road this season.
Rangers vs Flyers
NHL Betting Matchup: New York Rangers (6-7-3, 3-2-1 away, 4-12-0 O/U) vs Philadelphia Flyers (8-4-3, 5-2-2 home, 10-5-0 O/U)
- Moneyline: Rangers +116, Flyers -136
- Total: OVER 5.5 (-110), UNDER 5.5 (-110)
Key Rangers vs Flyers NHL Betting Trends: The Rangers have won their last three road games. The Flyers have won only one of their last five games, which includes a 3-2 shootout loss at home to the Rangers last Thursday.
Flames vs Maple Leafs
NHL Betting Matchup: Calgary Flames (9-9-1, 5-5-1 away, 7-10-2 O/U) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (14-4-2, 8-3-1 home, 9-10-1 O/U)
- Moneyline: Flames +130, Maple Leafs -154
- Total: OVER 6.5 (-110), UNDER 6.5 (-110)
Key Flames vs Maple Leafs NHL Betting Trends: The UNDER is 8-7-0 in Maple Leafs games with a set total of 6.5. Also, the UNDER is 7-4-0 in Calgary’s road games this season.
Ducks vs Coyotes
NHL Betting Matchup: Anaheim Ducks (6-10-3, 3-5-1 away, 6-12-1 O/U) vs Arizona Coyotes (8-7-3, 5-4-3 home, 11-6-1 O/U)
- Moneyline: Ducks +136, Coyotes -162
- Total: OVER 5.5 (+130), UNDER 5.5 (-150)
Key Ducks vs Coyotes NHL Betting Trends: The Ducks have lost four in a row and five of six, including a 4-3 reverse to the Coyotes on Monday. The UNDER is 5-3-1 in Anaheim’s road games this season, and it is also 5-3-1 in Arizona’s last nine home games.
Wild vs Avalanche
NHL Betting Matchup: Minnesota Wild (9-6-0, 6-3-0 away, 8-7-0 O/U) vs Colorado Avalanche (9-5-1, 5-2-0 home, 5-10-0 O/U)
- Moneyline: Wild +156, Avalanche -188
- Total: OVER 5.5 (+100), UNDER 5.5 (-120)
Key Wild vs Avalanche NHL Betting Trends: The UNDER has hit in Colorado’s last five games. Additionally, the UNDER is 5-4-0 in Minnesota’s nine road games this season.
Kings vs Blues
NHL Betting Matchup: Los Angeles Kings (8-6-3, 5-4-0 away, 11-6-0 O/U) vs St. Louis Blues (10-7-2, 4-5-2 home, 11-8-0 O/U)
- Moneyline: Kings +138, Blues -164
- Total: OVER 5.5 (+105), UNDER 5.5 (-125)
Key Kings vs Blues NHL Betting Trends: The Kings have won their last five games, including a 3-0 win at St. Louis on Monday. With that loss, the Blues are now 1-4-1 in their last six home games.
February 24 NHL Best Bets
- 1. Hurricanes vs Lightning OVER (Best Bet): The Hurricanes will bounce back with a better showing in front of goal today, and the Lightning will do their part as well.
- 2. Panthers to win vs Stars: The Panthers are atop the East Division and playing well, while the Stars have struggled out of the gate.
- 3. Wild vs Avalanche UNDER: Backing the under run to continue in Colorado’s games is the best play here.
- 4. Kings to win vs Blues: The Kings are hot, and home has not been where the wins are for the Blues. They have won only four of 11 home games so far.
- 5. Coyotes to win vs Ducks: The Ducks are on a rough run, and that should continue tonight against the Coyotes.
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
There are many great MLB betting options on a packed Tuesday schedule. But the best of the bunch is in Milwaukee, where the Brewers should stroll again against the Pittsburgh Pirates.