Carolina Hurricanes vs Tampa Bay Lightning Preview and Best Bets
The first two Hurricanes vs Lightning matchups have seen a split. Which Stanley Cup hopeful will take the win this evening in Tampa?
The defending Stanley Cup champs have started fairly well, but they currently find themselves in fourth in the East Division. One of the teams that they are currently looking up at are the Hurricanes, who have won 12 of their first 17 games.
What will be the outcome of tonight’s showdown between two of the best teams in the NHL?
Carolina Hurricanes vs Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Preview Menu
- Hurricanes vs Lightning Betting Odds and Info
- Carolina Hurricanes Betting Preview
- Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Preview
- Hurricanes vs Lightning Betting Stats, Trends, and Best Bets
Carolina Hurricanes vs Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Odds and Information
- Matchup: Carolina Hurricanes (12-4-1, 25 points, 2nd in East Division) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (11-4-1, 23 points, 4th in East Division)
- Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2021
- Time: 5:00 pm ET
- Location: Tampa, Florida (Amalie Arena)
- TV: ESPN+
- Moneyline: Hurricanes +136, Lightning -162
- Total: OVER 6.5 (+120), UNDER 6.5 (-140)
- Puck Line: Hurricanes +1.5 (-196), Lightning -1.5 (+164)
Carolina Hurricanes Betting Preview
The Hurricanes are one of the teams that has taken the most advantage of the divisional realignment for this season.
In the franchise’s history as either the Hartford Whalers or Carolina Hurricanes, the highest points per game in a season came in the Stanley Cup-winning 2005-06 season. That season, the Hurricanes amassed 112 points in 82 games, an average of 1.37 points per game. Through 17 games this season, the ‘Canes are averaging 1.47 points per game.
The Hurricanes fell 4-2 to the Lightning on Monday, but they have gotten it done offensively more times than not this season. They are fourth in the league in goals per game at 3.59, with six players recording at least six goals already. On the other end, they are respectable, allowing 2.76 goals per game.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Preview
The Lightning started a blistering 9-1-1 to open the season, but they have been up and down over the last couple of weeks. That has allowed the other East Division hopefuls to bump them down the standings a bit. Still, there is a reason why the Lightning are one of the leading Stanley Cup betting favorites. They showed that on Monday, bouncing back from a 4-0 defeat on Saturday with a 4-2 win.
Monday’s four-goal output was a little more like it from the Lightning, who lead the league in goals per game at 3.63. Tampa Bay also fared better at the other end. They rank fifth in the league in goals allowed per game at 2.38, but they have allowed four or more goals three times in their last five games. And after giving up only 20 goals in their first 11 games, they have given up 18 in their last five games.
Carolina Hurricanes vs Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Stats and Trends
Here is a look at betting trends to consider for Hurricanes vs Lightning betting.
NHL Betting Matchup: Carolina Hurricanes (12-4-1, 6-3-0 away, 10-5-2 O/U) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (11-4-1, 6-1-0 home, 9-6-1 O/U)
- The OVER is 6-2-1 in Carolina’s road games this season.
- In Hurricanes games with a set total of 6 or 6.5, the OVER is 5-3-2.
- The OVER is 5-2-0 in Lightning home games this season.
- In Lightning games with a set total of 6 or 6.5, the OVER is 4-3-1.
- On the three previous occasions this season in which the Hurricanes have been held to two or fewer goals in a game, they have scored four or more goals in the next game.
Carolina Hurricanes vs Tampa Bay Lightning Best Bets
The over has yet to hit in three head-to-head matchups this season. But it is still the best bet for tonight. The Lightning have not had three consecutive games fail to reach the over this season, while the Hurricanes have done well with bouncing back from losses and subpar offensive performances.
- Hurricanes vs Lightning OVER
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
There are many great MLB betting options on a packed Tuesday schedule. But the best of the bunch is in Milwaukee, where the Brewers should stroll again against the Pittsburgh Pirates.