2023 World Series Winner Odds, Favorites, and Predictions
It might feel like Opening Day was not all that long ago, but the home stretch of the MLB regular season is approaching. And in two short months, the 2023 World Series will be here.
Last year, the Houston Astros defeated the Philadelphia Phillies in an exciting six-game series to win their second World Series championship in six seasons.
There has not been a repeat champion in MLB since the New York Yankees won three straight titles from 1998 to 2000. Will that drought end this season? The Astros are one of the World Series favorites, but they have some top-quality competition in the likes of the Atlanta Braves, Los Angeles Dodgers, and some new faces on the scene.
Odds to Win the 2023 World Series
All odds in this article, unless specified otherwise, are via Bovada as of Saturday, August 26, 2023.
- Atlanta Braves +260
- Los Angeles Dodgers +300
- Baltimore Orioles +700
- Houston Astros +700
- Tampa Bay Rays +800
- Texas Rangers +800
- Seattle Mariners +1400
- Philadelphia Phillies +1600
- Toronto Blue Jays +1800
- Milwaukee Brewers +2000
- Minnesota Twins +2200
- Chicago Cubs +4500
- Arizona Diamondbacks +5000
- Cincinnati Reds +7000
- Miami Marlins +7000
- Boston Red Sox +10000
- San Diego Padres +10000
- Cleveland Guardians +20000
- Los Angeles Angels +50000
- New York Yankees +50000
- Detroit Tigers +75000
- New York Mets +75000
- Pittsburgh Pirates +75000
- Louis Cardinals +75000
- Chicago White Sox +80000
- Colorado Rockies +250000
- Washington Nationals +250000
- Kansas City Royals +300000
- Oakland Athletics +400000
Which Teams Will Play in the 2023 World Series?
2023 American League Pennant Winner Odds
- Baltimore Orioles +300
- Houston Astros +325
- Tampa Bay Rays +375
- Texas Rangers +400
- Seattle Mariners
- Toronto Blue Jays +900
- Minnesota Twins +1300
- Boston Red Sox +5500
- Cleveland Guardians +10000
- Detroit Tigers +25000
- Los Angeles Angels +30000
- New York Yankees +40000
- Chicago White Sox +150000
- Kansas City Royals +250000
- Oakland Athletics +300000
2023 National League Pennant Winner Odds
- Atlanta Braves +120
- Los Angeles Dodgers +150
- Philadelphia Phillies +950
- Milwaukee Brewers +1000
- Arizona Diamondbacks +2200
- Chicago Cubs +2200
- San Francisco Giants +2200
- Miami Marlins +3500
- Cincinnati Reds +4000
- San Diego Padres +5000
- New York Mets +50000
- Pittsburgh Pirates +50000
- Louis Cardinals +50000
- Colorado Rockies +100000
- Washington Nationals +100000
Who Are This Year’s World Series Favorites?
There are no easy outs in Atlanta’s lineup, from Acuna in the leadoff spot to 2022 NL Rookie of the Year Michael Harris in the nine hole.
There have been some occasional struggles on the mound, but the Braves aren’t lacking in talented arms, led by Strider, Max Fried, and Charlie Morton.
Los Angeles Dodgers
With NL MVP candidates Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman having great seasons, the Dodgers are running away with another NL West title.
But whether or not they are able to return to the World Series after falling short of expectations in 2021 and 2022 will depend on the health of their arms.
Tony Gonsolin is unlikely to pitch again this season, Clayton Kershaw missed a month with shoulder soreness, and Walker Buehler is still working his way back from having Tommy John surgery last year.
Could rookie Bobby Miller be a postseason hero? He has made a big impression since being called up in May. Depending on what happens with Gonsolin and Buehler, Miller could be the Dodgers’ third starter in the playoffs.
While the Braves, Dodgers, and Astros account for the three most recent World Series titles and have many pieces from those runs leading the way this season, the Orioles are the new kids on the block.
Could their collective lack of October experience hurt them? That can’t be discounted, but being the best team in the toughest division in baseball shouldn’t be, either.
Don’t sleep on the reigning World Series champions. The Astros have been hit hard by injuries this year, but a healthy—well, as healthy as is possible—Houston squad would be a tough out in October.
Even if they aren’t able to beat out the Rangers or Mariners for the AL West title, it will be hard to bet against a team with six consecutive ALCS appearances and four World Series trips in that span.
World Series History, Information & 2023 Schedule
When will the 2023 World Series take place?
The regular season is scheduled to end on Sunday, October 1. The 2023 MLB playoffs will begin shortly after that, and the World Series should begin in late October and end in early November. In 2022, the World Series started on October 28 and ended on November 5.
Who will play in the 2023 World Series?
The winner of the best-of-seven American League Championship Series (ALCS) and best-of-seven National League Championship Series (NLCS) will meet in the World Series, which is also best-of-seven.
Which team has won the World Series the most times?
The New York Yankees have won the World Series 27 times in 40 appearances, with their most recent championship coming in 2009. The St. Louis Cardinals are second with 11 titles in 19 appearances. The Oakland Athletics and Boston Red Sox each have nine World Series titles, while the San Francisco Giants have done so eight times.
Recent World Series Winners and Results
- 2022: Houston Astros (AL) defeated Philadelphia Phillies (NL) four games to two
- 2021: Atlanta Braves (NL) defeated Houston Astros (AL) 4-2
- 2020: Los Angeles Dodgers (NL defeated Tampa Bay Rays (AL) 4-2
- 2019: Washington Nationals (NL) defeated Houston Astros (AL) 4-3
- 2018: Boston Red Sox (AL) defeated Los Angeles Dodgers (NL) 4-1
- 2017: Houston Astros (AL) defeated Los Angeles Dodgers (NL) 4-3
- 2016: Chicago Cubs (NL) defeated Cleveland Guardians (AL) 4-3
- 2015: Kansas City Royals (AL) defeated New York Mets (NL) 4-1
- 2014: San Francisco Giants (NL) defeated Kansas City Royals (AL) 4-3
- 2013: Boston Red Sox (AL) defeated St. Louis Cardinals (NL) 4-2
- 2012: San Francisco Giants (NL) defeated Detroit Tigers (AL) 4-0
- 2011: St. Louis Cardinals (NL) defeated Texas Rangers (AL) 4-3
- 2010: San Francisco Giants (NL) defeated Texas Rangers (AL) 4-1
- 2009: New York Yankees (AL) defeated Philadelphia Phillies (NL) 4-2
- 2008: Philadelphia Phillies (NL) defeated Tampa Bay Rays (AL) 4-1
- 2007: Boston Red Sox defeated Colorado Rockies 4-0
- 2006: St. Louis Cardinals (NL) defeated Detroit Tigers (AL) 4-1
- 2005: Chicago White Sox (AL) defeated Houston Astros (NL) 4-0
- 2004: Boston Red Sox (AL) defeated St. Louis Cardinals (NL) 4-0
- 2003: Florida Marlins (NL) defeated New York Yankees (AL) 4-2
Where to Bet on the World Series
In addition to being able to make daily MLB picks on games from Opening Day until the final game of the Fall Classic, you can also bet on the other major awards (MLB MVP, Cy Young Award, and MLB Rookie of the Year) and World Series odds.
Along with Bovada, where the odds in this article came from, there are plenty of sports betting sites you can choose from that are good for MLB betting. The above books are some of the others that we highly recommend.
If you don’t have an account at a book on this list, check out our reviews to help you determine if it is worth your interest and your betting funds.
Eddie Griffin has been writing about and betting on sports for over a decade and has been with Betting News since 2021. For more of his thoughts on sports and sports betting, you can follow him on X, formerly known as Twitter.
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Betting News makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.
Latest on Betting News
NFL Betting News
Sunday Night Football: Steelers vs Raiders, Odds & Picks: Jimmy G Shreds Steelers
NFL Betting News
NFL Must Bet Player Props Week 3
NFL Betting News
Falcons vs. Lions Picks & Prediction: Can the Falcons Stay Undefeated?
NFL Betting News
Bills vs Commanders, Prediction & Top Picks: Can Commanders Hang with Bills at Home?
NFL Betting News
Chargers vs Vikings Odds, Prediction & Best Bets: Who Will Take the Win in This Toss-Up Tilt?
Free Betting Picks