Mondays are the worst day of the week for a lot of people, but how can any day be a bad day when there is NBA betting on the agenda? There are six games on today’s schedule, led by a matchup between two of the hottest teams in the NBA.
The Phoenix Suns and Portland Trail Blazers both enter today with eight wins in their last ten games. While they are fourth and fifth in the Western Conference, they have better records than all but the Philadelphia 76ers and Brooklyn Nets in the Eastern Conference.
Speaking of the Nets, they now own the league’s longest current win streak, as they picked up their sixth win in a row last night by edging the Los Angeles Clippers. Should there be a new NBA championship odds favorite?
February 22 NBA Betting Schedule
Chicago Bulls vs Houston Rockets, 8:00 pm ET
Memphis Grizzlies vs Dallas Mavericks, 8:30 pm ET
Miami Heat vs Oklahoma City Thunder, 9:00 pm ET
Portland Trail Blazers vs Phoenix Suns, 9:00 pm ET
Charlotte Hornets vs Utah Jazz, 9:00 pm ET
Washington Wizards vs Los Angeles Lakers, 10:00 pm ET
February 22 NBA Betting Game of the Day
Portland Trail Blazers vs Phoenix Suns
- Spread: Trail Blazers +6 (-110), Suns -6 (-110)
- Total: OVER 227 (-110), UNDER 227 (-110)
- Moneyline: Trail Blazers +215, Suns -260
February 22 NBA Betting Top Trends
Trail Blazers vs Suns
NBA Betting Matchup: Portland Trail Blazers (18-11, 10-5 away, 16-13-0 ATS, 16-13-0 O/U) vs Phoenix Suns (19-10, 10-5 home, 19-10-0 ATS, 14-15-0 O/U)
Key Trail Blazers vs Suns NBA Betting Trends: The Suns are 11-2 SU and ATS in their last 13 games. The OVER is 8-5-0 in those 13 games.
The Blazers are 8-2 SU and ATS in their last 10 games. The Blazers are 10-5 SU and 11-4-0 ATS on the road this season. The OVER is 9-6-0 in Portland’s games this season against Western Conference opposition.
Bulls vs Rockets
NBA Betting Matchup: Chicago Bulls (13-16, 7-7 away, 17-12-0 ATS, 16-13-0 O/U) vs Houston Rockets (11-17, 6-11 home, 11-17-0 ATS, 11-16-1 O/U)
- Spread: Bulls -1 (-110), Rockets +1 (-110)
- Total: OVER 226.5 (-108), UNDER 226.5 (-112)
- Moneyline: Bulls -116, Rockets -102
Key Bulls vs Rockets NBA Betting Trends: The Rockets are 0-7 SU and 1-6-0 ATS in their last seven games. The OVER has hit in Houston’s last three games, their longest streak of overs since opening the season with three straight overs.
The Bulls are 4-2 SU and 4-2-0 ATS in their last six games. For the season, the Bulls are 7-7 SU and 11-3-0 ATS on the road. The OVER is 11-3-0 in Chicago’s games this season against Western Conference teams.
Grizzlies vs Mavericks
NBA Betting Matchup: Memphis Grizzlies (13-13, 7-4 away, 14-12-0 ATS, 15-11-0 O/U) vs Dallas Mavericks (13-15, 6-8 home, 11-17-0 ATS, 15-13-0 O/U)
- Spread: Grizzlies +5 (-110), Mavericks -5 (-110)
- Total: OVER 233 (-110), UNDER 233 (-110)
- Moneyline: Grizzlies +180, Mavericks -215
Key Grizzlies vs Mavericks NBA Betting Trends: The Mavs are 5-2 SU in their last seven games, but they are only 2-5-0 ATS in that stretch. They have been a favorite in all seven games. For the season, the Mavs are 6-11-0 ATS as a favorite. The OVER has hit in the Mavs’ last seven games.
The Grizzlies are 7-4 SU and 7-4-0 ATS on the road this season. The OVER is 11-2-0 in the Grizzlies’ last 13 games, and the OVER is 8-3-0 in their road games this season.
Heat vs Thunder
NBA Betting Matchup: Miami Heat (13-17, 6-10 away, 11-18-1 ATS, 14-16-0 O/U) vs Oklahoma City Thunder (12-18, 4-9 home, 16-13-1 ATS, 15-15-0 O/U)
- Spread: Heat -7 (-110), Thunder +7 (-110)
- Total: OVER 212 (-110), UNDER 212 (-110)
- Moneyline: Heat -310, Thunder +250
Key Heat vs Thunder NBA Betting Trends: The Heat are 6-3 SU and 5-4-0 ATS in their last nine games. The UNDER is 8-4-0 in Miami’s games this season against Western Conference teams.
The Thunder are 7-4 SU and 7-4-0 ATS this season against Eastern Conference teams. The UNDER is 5-1-0 in Oklahoma City’s last six games.
Hornets vs Jazz
NBA Betting Matchup: Charlotte Hornets (14-15, 5-7 away, 16-12-1 ATS, 14-14-1 O/U) vs Utah Jazz (24-6, 13-2 home, 22-8-0 ATS, 13-16-1 O/U)
- Spread: Hornets +13 (-110), Jazz -13 (-110)
- Total: OVER 227 (-110), UNDER 227 (-110)
- Moneyline: Hornets +640, Jazz -950
Key Hornets vs Jazz NBA Betting Trends: The Jazz are 13-2 SU and 12-3-0 ATS against Eastern Conference opposition this season. That includes a 138-121 win at Charlotte 16 days ago, in which the Jazz were an eight-point favorite.
The Hornets are 7-3-1 ATS in their last 11 games. The OVER is 7-4-0 in those 11 games.
Wizards vs Lakers
NBA Betting Matchup: Washington Wizards (10-17, 5-8 away, 13-14-0 ATS, 14-13-0 O/U) vs Los Angeles Lakers (22-9, 9-6 home, 14-17-0 ATS, 11-20-0 O/U)
- Spread: Wizards +7 (-110), Lakers -7 (-110)
- Total: OVER 227.5 (-108), UNDER 227.5 (-112)
- Moneyline: Wizards +245, Lakers -300
Key Wizards vs Lakers NBA Betting Trends: The Lakers have lost three of their last four. On the ATS front, they are 4-10-0 ATS in their last 14 games. The UNDER has hit in their last three games.
The Wizards have won four games in a row, with three of those wins coming as an underdog. The UNDER is 3-7-0 in their last 10 games after going 6-11-0 in their first 17 games. The UNDER has also hit in eight of the Wizards’ last nine road games.
February 22 NBA Betting: Best Bets
- 1. Grizzlies vs Mavericks OVER (Best Bet): With how frequent overs have been for both teams recently, this is easily the best bet of the day.
- 2. Trail Blazers vs Suns OVER: With two of the premier scorers in the league on the court, this one should go over. The Suns have averaged 123 points per game in their last six games, while the Blazers have averaged 120 points per game over the last six games.
- 3. Wizards vs Lakers UNDER: The Lakers are struggling to score without Anthony Davis. They may win tonight, but the under is the best play.
- 4. Bulls vs Rockets OVER: The over has hit in the Rockets’ last three games, and that should occur again tonight against a Bulls team that has hit the 120-point mark three times in six games.
- 5. Heat vs Thunder UNDER: The listed trends make the under a better play than taking either side in this one.