A few days ago, it was not a certainty that the upcoming Brooklyn Nets vs Los Angeles Clippers matchup would have the star power that it could. As it was, Kevin Durant was and is still out due to a hamstring injury. On the other side, Paul George and Kawhi Leonard were both sidelined for the Clippers.
However, Durant will be the only big name missing on either side tonight’s matchup at the Staples Center. With Kawhi and PG back in the lineup on Friday night against the Utah Jazz, the Clippers had the boost that they needed to hold off a furious rally from the Jazz.
After defeating the team with the league’s best record, the Clippers take aim at the Nets. The Nets are looking for a Staples Center sweep after beating the Anthony Davis-less Lakers on Thursday night. Even with Durant still sidelined, the star power available on both sides means that tonight’s showdown should not be missed.
Brooklyn Nets vs Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds and Information
- Matchup: Brooklyn Nets (19-12, 8-7 away, 15-16-0 ATS, 22-9-0 O/U) vs Los Angeles Clippers (22-9, 11-5 home, 18-13-0 ATS, 19-11-1 O/U)
- Date: Sunday, February 21, 2021
- Time: 8:00 pm ET/5:00 pm PT
- Location: Los Angeles, California (Staples Center)
- TV: ESPN
- Spread: Nets +6.5 (-114), Clippers -6.5 (-106)
- Total: OVER 235.5 (-105), UNDER 235.5 (-115)
- Moneyline: Nets +210, Clippers -255
Brooklyn Nets Betting Preview
Durant may be out for the time being, but the Nets are finally showing some chemistry and continuity. Thursday night’s win was fairly dominant from start to finish. The Nets did not look back after taking the lead with a few minutes left in the first quarter.
The win over the Lakers was the Nets’ fifth in a row, which is a season high. While the Lakers are struggling to score without AD in the lineup, the Nets’ defensive performance is still an extremely notable one. The Nets allowed under 100 points in each of their first two games this season, but Thursday night was only the fourth time in the last 29 games that they held an opponent below the century mark.
Everyone knows how good James Harden and Kyrie Irving can be, but with KD out, the Nets need others to step up. Against the Lakers, that was Joe Harris and Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, who combined for 36 points and 11 of 15 shooting from outside.
Los Angeles Clippers Betting Preview
The Clippers fared better than expected without PG and then Kawhi, but they would not have beaten the Jazz on Friday night if their superstar duo had not returned. In the first matchup against the Jazz last Wednesday, they hung with Utah for a half but could not keep up in the second half in a 114-96 win.
With Davis out for the Lakers for the next several weeks at minimum, this is now a good time for the Clippers to put together a good run, push past their archrivals, and make a run at knocking the Jazz (24-6) off of top spot in the Western Conference. That is, if they can stay healthy enough.
Nets vs Clippers Betting Stats and Trends
- The OVER is 11-4 in the Nets’ road games this season.
- The OVER is 9-3 in the Nets’ games against Western Conference teams.
- The Nets’ last game finished UNDER. There have not been consecutive unders in Nets games since they opened the season with four straight UNDERS.
- The OVER is 8-2-1 in the Clippers’ last 11 games.
- The OVER is 10-2-0 in the Clippers’ games against Eastern Conference teams.
- In Clippers home games this season, the OVER is 9-6-1.
- The Clippers have not had three consecutive games fall short of the OVER this season. Their last two games have finished short of the over.
Nets vs Clippers Best Bets
The best bet here is the OVER. When the two teams met in Brooklyn almost three weeks ago, the Nets edged the Clippers 124-120. Even with no KD this time around, the OVER is still very much the play.
Nets vs Clippers Best Bet
- Nets vs Clippers OVER
To check out our NBA best bets for the rest of today’s games, check out our daily NBA betting preview.