The second half of tonight’s nationally-televised NBA doubleheader features a Warriors vs Suns matchup that features two teams headed in opposite directions.
Coming into the season, NBA season previews were high on the Phoenix Suns. Early on, that hype was backed up, as the Suns jumped out to a 6-2 start. However, the early start has not been sustained, and the Suns currently find themselves in the midst of a losing streak.
On the other side, Klay Thompson’s ACL tear in November resulted in NBA odds writing off the Warriors’ chances to be a serious contender in the Western Conference. They are still dealing with some ups and downs, but the outlook appears to not be the expected doom and gloom for Golden State.
Golden State Warriors vs Phoenix Suns Betting Odds and Information
- Matchup: Golden State Warriors (10-8, 3-4 away, 6th in the Western Conference) vs Phoenix Suns (8-8, 3-4 home, 9th in the Western Conference)
- Date: Thursday, January 28, 2021
- Time: 10:00 pm ET/8:00 pm MT/7:00 pm ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona (Phoenix Suns Arena)
- TV: TNT
- Spread: Warriors +1 (-106), Suns -1 (-114)
- Total: OVER 220.5 (-110), UNDER 220.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Warriors +100, Suns -118
Odds via Fanduel as of Thursday, January 28
Golden State Warriors Betting Preview
The Warriors are still striving to find some actual winning consistency. Their last eight games reads (from most recent): W-W-L-L-W-W-L-L.
That said, there are some encouraging signs, even though they keep alternating steps forward with steps back. In last night’s win over the Timberwolves, James Wiseman scored a career-high 25 points. The #2 overall pick appears to be settling in, as he has scored in double figures in five straight games. He also has two blocks in each of his last three games.
Phoenix Suns Betting Preview
Last night’s 102-97 loss to Oklahoma City was the Suns’ third in a row and fifth in their last six games. When they are not giving up a lot of points, they are not scoring enough. When they score enough, they are giving up too many points.
Devin Booker has had two 30+ point games in his last four games, but he still has yet to have the outburst he is capable of. If he can unleash the beast, then it might wake up his team as well. Last night, Booker scored 32 points, but Jae Crowder and Abdel Nader were his only teammates to score in double figures.
Golden State Warriors vs Phoenix Suns Betting Stats and Trends
Golden State Warriors Stat Sheet
- PPG: 113.2 (11th in the NBA)
- FG: 45.2 percent (20th)
- 3PT: 35.7 percent (19th)
- PPG: 114.5 (24th)
- FG: 44.4 percent (3rd)
- 3PT: 36.9 percent (16th)
Golden State Warriors Recent Form (Last Five: 3-2)
- 1/27/21: Golden State Warriors 123-111 Minnesota Timberwolves
- 1/25/21: Golden State Warriors 130-108 Minnesota Timberwolves
- 1/23/21: Utah Jazz 127-108 Golden State Warriors
- 1/21/21: Golden State Warriors 104-119 New York Knicks
- 1/20/21: Golden State Warriors 121-99 San Antonio Spurs
Phoenix Suns Stat Sheet
- PPG: 110.2 (19th)
- FG: 45.9 percent (15th)
- 3PT: 35.7 percent (18th)
- PPG: 108.6 (6th)
- FG: 46.1 percent (18th)
- 3PT: 36.3 percent (13th)
Phoenix Suns Recent Form (Last Five: 1-4)
- 1/27/21: Phoenix Suns 97-102 Oklahoma City Thunder
- 1/23/21: Phoenix Suns 112-120 Denver Nuggets (2OT)
- 1/22/21: Phoenix Suns 126-130 Denver Nuggets (OT)
- 1/20/21: Houston Rockets 103-109 Phoenix Suns
- 1/18/21: Memphis Grizzlies 108-104 Phoenix Suns
Warriors vs Suns Top Betting Trend
- This is already the Suns’ fifth back-to-back of the season. The Suns are 3-1 thus far in the back half of a back-to-back, winning at Sacramento, at Denver, and at Indiana, and losing at home against Denver.
Golden State Warriors vs Phoenix Suns Betting Advice
The Suns’ recent play does not really inspire much confidence. But the Warriors are still trying to find their feet as well, and two wins over one of the worst teams in the league are only worth so much. After two overtime losses and a close loss, the Suns will stop the skid and get back in the win column.
Warriors vs Suns Best Bets: Phoenix -1 (-114) & ML (-118)