Bucks vs Pelicans Betting Preview: Giannis, Bucks Seek Third Straight Win
Is an upset in the cards in tonight’s Bucks vs Pelicans matchup, or will one of the NBA’s best teams leave New Orleans with their third straight win?
After being under .500 at the turn of the year, the Bucks have had a mostly positive January. They will look to close the month on a winning note in a back-to-back that sees them visit NOLA tonight and Charlotte tomorrow.
For Zion Williamson and the Pelicans, however, it has not been a positive start to 2021. There was hope going into the season that they could push for a playoff spot in the Western Conference, but they have disappointed so far.
Tonight’s NBA odds see the Bucks favored by a hefty margin. Will the Pelicans at least keep it close, or will Giannis and the Bucks win comfortably?
Milwaukee Bucks vs New Orleans Pelicans Betting Odds and Information
- Matchup: Milwaukee Bucks (11-6, 4-4 away, 2nd in the Eastern Conference) vs New Orleans Pelicans (6-10, 3-3 home, 14th in the Western Conference)
- Date: Friday, January 29, 2021
- Time: 7:30 pm ET/6:30 pm CT
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana (Smoothie King Center)
- TV: ESPN
- Spread: Bucks -7 (-114), Pelicans +7 (-106)
- Total: OVER 230 (-115), UNDER 230 (-105)
- Moneyline: Bucks -300, Pelicans +245
Odds via Fanduel as of Friday, January 29
Milwaukee Bucks Betting Preview
After two losses to fellow NBA Finals hopefuls last week, the Bucks have bounced back this week with wins over the Hawks and Raptors. Those two wins moved Milwaukee to 9-3 this month, which is positive even with last week’s losses to the Nets and Lakers.
Giannis Antetokounmpo is up against the NBA MVP odds, but he will not miss out on a third straight MVP for his own play. Against the Raptors on Wednesday, he had 24 points, 18 rebounds, and nine assists. In January, he is averaging 28.8 ppg, 10.7 rpg, and 5.6 apg. He still needs to sort out his free-throw issues, however.
Brook Lopez has been more of a factor on the offensive end in the last couple of weeks. Over his last five games, Lopez is averaging 14.2 ppg. Against the Raptors, he scored a season-high 20 points on 8 of 11 shooting.
New Orleans Pelicans Betting Preview
The Pelicans have one of the best young duos in the NBA in Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram. That’s a nice starting point, but the problem is inconsistent production outside of that duo.
Williamson and Ingram are both averaging 23.9 ppg this season, but next in line is Eric Bledsoe at 13.9 ppg. Bledsoe has put together some solid scoring efforts as of late, including 18 in Wednesday’s win over the Washington Wizards. However, he needs to do that more often, as it bodes well for the Pelicans. Bledsoe has scored 17 or more points six times this season, and the Pelicans are 5-1 in those games.
Milwaukee Bucks vs New Orleans Pelicans Betting Stats and Trends
Milwaukee Bucks Stat Sheet
- PPG: 119.8 (1st in the NBA)
- FG: 48.7 percent (2nd)
- 3PT: 39.3 percent (4th)
- PPG: 110.8 (17th)
- FG: 45.2 percent (9th)
- 3PT: 38.6 percent (26th)
Milwaukee Bucks Recent Form (Last Five: 3-2)
- 1/27/21: Toronto Raptors 108-115 Milwaukee Bucks
- 1/24/21: Milwaukee Bucks 129-115 Atlanta Hawks
- 1/21/21: Milwaukee Bucks 106-113 Los Angeles Lakers
- 1/18/21: Brooklyn Nets 125-123 Milwaukee Bucks
- 1/15/21: Milwaukee Bucks 112-109 Dallas Mavericks
New Orleans Pelicans Stat Sheet
- PPG: 109.2 (22nd)
- FG: 46.9 percent (11th)
- 3PT: 33.7 percent (27th)
- PPG: 111.1 (20th)
- FG: 45.3 percent (11th)
- 3PT: 37.8 percent (22nd)
New Orleans Pelicans Recent Form (Last Five: 2-3)
- 1/27/21: New Orleans Pelicans 124-106 Washington Wizards
- 1/23/21: Minnesota Timberwolves 120-110 New Orleans Pelicans
- 1/21/21: Utah Jazz 129-118 New Orleans Pelicans
- 1/19/21: Utah Jazz 118-102 New Orleans Pelicans
- 1/17/21: Sacramento Kings 123-128 New Orleans Pelicans
Bucks vs Pelicans Top Betting Trend
- Giannis Antetokounmpo has double-doubles in each of his last four games and 10 double-doubles in 16 games this season. Giannis to record a double-double in a Bucks win is available at -158 at Fanduel.
Milwaukee Bucks vs New Orleans Pelicans Betting Advice
Tonight’s game should see plenty of outside shots flying up and in, especially for the visitors. The Bucks are one of the league’s top offensive teams from three, while the Pelicans are one of the worst defending the three. That will be a decisive factor in tonight’s outcome, and it is why the over will hit.
Bucks vs Pelicans Best Bets
- Bucks vs Pelicans OVER 230 (-115)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo double-double/Bucks to win (-158)
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
The 2022 John Deere Classic kicks off on Thursday, June 30. Here’s a look a the odds for this year’s tournament, plus where to find the best betting value.