Derek Chisora vs. Kubrat Pulev II Betting: Will scorecards decide the winner again?
Sat Jul 09 2022
Two seasoned campaigners of the heavyweight boxing division clash at the O2 Arena in Greenwich, London, this weekend when Derek Chisora takes on Kubrat Pulev.
It’s a bout that has been scheduled for 12 rounds despite the absence of a respected title on the line, but both men are fighting for more than belts: they’re fighting for honour. The winner of this match-up will thrust themselves into contention for major honours and could put them on a collision course with one of the category’s big names.
Derek Chisora vs. Kubrat Pulev Fight Information & Betting Odds
- Derek Chisora will enjoy the backing of a vocal home support at the London venue, where he has enjoyed some memorable wins throughout his career.
- Kubrat Pulev made his debut with a second-round TKO win back in 2009 and has become a major player at this level.
- WAR Chisora brings a CV detailing 32 wins against 12 defeats, with 23 wins by knockout and just three of his defeats coming inside the distance.
- Venue & Location: O2 Arena (London, England)
- Start Time: approximately 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (10:00 p.m. local time)
Derek Chisora vs. Kubrat Pulev Odds
Fight odds are from FanDuel.
- Derek Chisora to win +240
- Draw +1800
- Kubrat Pulev to win -290
Total Rounds Over/Under
- Over 10.5 rounds (-220)
- Under 10.5 rounds (+170)
Will the Fight Go the Distance?
- Yes -118
- No -108
WAR needs a win
Despite being ranked as the fifth-best heavyweight in Great Britain and ninth in the world, 38-year-old Chisora enters this bout on a losing run of form that has seen him go without a win in three bouts.
That barren spell can be traced back to a memorable fourth-round TKO win over David Price at the Greenwich venue, a result that helped usher the beaten man into retirement.
Last five results for Derek Chisora
- Joseph Parker: lost by unanimous decision
- Joseph Parker: lost by split decision
- Oleksandr Usyk: lost on unanimous decision
- David Price: won via TKO in the fourth round
- Artur Szpilka: won via knockout in the second round
The Cobra is poised to strike
Fans have become obsessed with Chisora’s recent form and the pressures on the Englishman to make a timely return to winning ways. This has allowed Kubrat Pulev to prepare free from the media circus that often attaches itself to a bout of this magnitude.
Last five results for Kubrat Pulev
- Jerry Forrest: won by unanimous decision
- Anthony Joshua: lost via knockout in the ninth round
- Rydell Booker: won by unanimous decision
- Bogdan Dinu: won via knockout in the seventh round
- Hughie Fury: won by unanimous decision
Don’t expect a short fight at the O2
When looking through the recent form of Chisora, we note that he has lost each of his last three bouts, beaten on points by current heavyweight world champion Oleksandr Usyk before being undone on the scorecards twice by Joe Parker.
Chisora and Pulev have met once before with the Bulgarian coming out on top in 2016 on a show in Hamburg, Germany, courtesy of a controversial split decision. Many believed the Englishman deserved to get the win that night, but he was denied by the judges, who returned scores of 112-116, 115-113, 110-118.
The first meeting of these fighters put the scoring judges around the apron under the spotlight, and with each of Chisora’s last three going 12 rounds, we are confident of another long night. Chisora and Pulev are as experienced as they come and won’t be in a rush to go on the attack early; they’ll remain patient and work their way into the contest.
There will be many casual boxing fans looking for a devastating showreel KO in this fight, but they are likely to end up disappointed.
Chisora vs. Pulev Betting Tip: Fight to go the distance (-118 at FanDuel)
Latest on Betting News
MMA Betting News
UFC Vegas 74 Full Card Preview, Odds, and Schedule
Devon Platana10 hours ago
MLB Betting News
Phillies vs Mets Prediction & Best Bet (May 30)
Devon Platana20 hours ago
NHL Betting News
Prediction & Best Bet: Stars vs Golden Knights Game 6
Nate HornungMon May 29 2023
MLB Betting News
Prediction, Best Bets & Odds Yankees vs Mariners (5/29)
Eddie GriffinMon May 29 2023
NBA Betting News
Prediction & Best Bets Celtics vs Heat Game 7: History will be Made Tonight in Boston
Daniel CollinsMon May 29 2023