NBA Preview, Odds & Best Bets for November 29: Jokic Returns for Hostile Rematch With Shorthanded Heat
A new NBA betting week begins tonight with nine games on the schedule. Leading the way on tonight’s schedule is the renewal of hostilities between the Denver Nuggets and Miami Heat after the shove heard ‘round the NBA the last time these two teams met. While one of the players at the center of the situation, Markieff Morris, remains out due to the effects of the shove, reigning MVP Nikola Jokic is back tonight after missing the last four games. With Jokic back on the court, can we expect the intensity and emotion to be high in Miami? And will the other Jokic brothers be present as promised?
Speaking of brothers, a brother versus brother matchup is the other highlight of tonight’s schedule, as LaMelo Ball and the Charlotte Hornets visit Lonzo Ball and the Chicago Bulls. With both teams off to winning starts this season, we should expect an entertaining evening at the United Center.
Let’s take a look at tonight’s schedule and the NBA betting options that stand out from each matchup.
NBA Schedule for Monday, November 29, 2021
Orlando Magic (4-17) vs Philadelphia 76ers (10-10), NBC Sports Philadelphia, 7:00 p.m. ET
Denver Nuggets (9-10) vs Miami Heat (13-7), NBA TV, 7:30 p.m. ET
Charlotte Hornets (13-9) vs Chicago Bulls (13-8), NBC Sports Chicago, 8:00 p.m. ET
Oklahoma City Thunder (6-13) vs Houston Rockets (3-16), Bally Sports Oklahoma, 8:00 p.m. ET
Indiana Pacers (9-13) vs Minnesota Timberwolves (10-10), Bally Sports North, 8:00 p.m. ET
Cleveland Cavaliers (10-10) vs Dallas Mavericks (10-8), Bally Sports Southwest, 8:30 p.m. ET
Washington Wizards (13-7) vs San Antonio Spurs (5-13), Bally Sports Southwest, 8:30 p.m. ET
Portland Trail Blazers (10-10) vs Utah Jazz (13-7), AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain, 9:00 p.m. ET
New Orleans Pelicans (5-17) vs Los Angeles Clippers (11-9), Bally Sports SoCal, 10:00 p.m. ET
NBA Betting Odds & Best Bets for Monday, November 29, 2021
- Orlando Magic vs Philadelphia 76ers
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat
- Charlotte Hornets vs Chicago Bulls
- Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets
- Indiana Pacers vs Minnesota Timberwolves
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs Dallas Mavericks
- Washington Wizards vs San Antonio Spurs
- Portland Trail Blazers vs Utah Jazz
- New Orleans Pelicans vs Los Angeles Clippers
The best bets offered below are not firm picks but are recommendations and suggestions to inform and aid your betting selections. We do also offer aggregated NBA betting picks for every NBA matchup every day.
Orlando Magic vs Philadelphia 76ers NBA Betting Odds & Best Bets
- Spread: Orlando Magic +13.5 (-110), Philadelphia 76ers -13.5 (-110)
- Total: OVER 206 (-110), UNDER 206 (-112)
- Moneyline: Orlando Magic +660, Philadelphia 76ers -1000
Magic vs Sixers Best Bet: Sixers to cover – After missing nine games due to COVID, Joel Embiid returned with a monster performance–42 points, 14 rebounds–in Saturday’s double OT loss to the surging Timberwolves. Look for Embiid to lead the way again in a big win over the Magic, who have lost six in a row and nine of ten.
Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat NBA Betting Odds & Best Bets
- Spread: Denver Nuggets +3.5 (-108), Miami Heat -3.5 (-112)
- Total: OVER 206.5 (-110), UNDER 206.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Denver Nuggets +136, Miami Heat -162
Nuggets vs Heat Best Bet: OVER 206.5 – The Heat will be without Jimmy Butler and Tyler Herro, but the over is solid value tonight with Jokic back in action. The Nuggets’ last four games (and six of seven) have gone over, while the Heat are one of only five NBA teams who have more overs than unders this season.
Charlotte Hornets vs Chicago Bulls NBA Betting Odds & Best Bets
- Spread: Charlotte Hornets +4.5 (-110), Chicago Bulls -4.5 (-110)
- Total: OVER 222.5 (-106), UNDER 222.5 (-114)
- Moneyline: Charlotte Hornets +152, Chicago Bulls -180
Hornets vs Bulls Best Bet – OVER 222.5 – The Hornets are one of the other teams with more overs than unders. They are first in the league in scoring (114.2 points per game) and 28th in scoring defense (114.0 points allowed per game).
Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets NBA Betting Odds & Best Bets
- Spread: Oklahoma City Thunder +2.5 (-106), Houston Rockets -2 (-114)
- Total: OVER 217 (-110), UNDER 217 (-110)
- Moneyline: Oklahoma City Thunder +114, Houston Rockets -134
Thunder vs Rockets Best Bet: Thunder ML – The Thunder have lost their last five games, but they have covered in their last six, including their last SU win, which came against the Rockets twelve days ago. Since that win, the Thunder have lost but covered against the Bucks, Celtics, Hawks, Jazz, and Knicks. The Rockets have won their last two games, rallying to beat the Bulls and outlasting the Hornets in overtime. But this is a good value spot to back the Thunder after they held their own against some solid competition.
Indiana Pacers vs Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Betting Odds & Best Bets
- Spread: Indiana Pacers +2.5 (-110), Minnesota Timberwolves -2.5 (-112)
- Total: OVER 218 (-108), UNDER 218 (-112)
- Moneyline: Indiana Pacers +118, Minnesota Timberwolves -138
Pacers vs Timberwolves Best Bet: Timberwolves ML – We’ll see if this nice run for Minnesota, who has won six of seven, can be sustained. But either way, it is good to see that they have done anything but fold after losing nine of their first 13 games this season. The Pacers have some solid wins as well and walloped the Bulls by 32 in their previous road game, but the hosts are solid value here with the run that they are on.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Betting Odds & Best Bets
- Spread: Cleveland Cavaliers +6.5 (-110), Dallas Mavericks -6.5 (-110)
- Total: OVER 210.5 (-110), UNDER 210.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Cleveland Cavaliers +225, Dallas Mavericks -280
Cavs vs Mavs Best Bet: UNDER 210.5 – The total has been under 211 in 10 of Cleveland’s 16 games with Evan Mobley in the lineup.
Washington Wizards vs San Antonio Spurs NBA Betting Odds & Best Bets
- Spread: Washington Wizards -3 (-112), San Antonio Spurs +3 (-108)
- Total: OVER 214.5 (-108), UNDER 214.5 (-112)
- Moneyline: Washington Wizards -158, San Antonio Spurs +134
Wizards vs Spurs Best Bet: Wizards to cover and over – The Spurs broke a rotten run with a win over the Celtics last time out, but they have yet to win consecutive games this season. In those previous four opportunities for back-to-back wins, they have lost by 6, 13, 5, and 14.
Portland Trail Blazers vs Utah Jazz NBA Betting Odds & Best Bets
- Spread: Portland Trail Blazers +7 (-112), Utah Jazz -7 (-108)
- Total: OVER 222.5 (-110), UNDER 222.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Portland Trail Blazers +235, Utah Jazz -290
Blazers vs Jazz Best Bet: Jazz team total over 115.5 – This is based on the expectation that the Jazz handle the Blazers at home tonight. In the Blazers’ wins, they haven’t given up more than 113 points. In their ten losses, they have given up 116 or more points eight times.
New Orleans Pelicans vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Betting Odds & Best Bets
- Spread: New Orleans Pelicans +7.5 (-114), Los Angeles Clippers -7.5 (-106)
- Total: OVER 210.5 (-110), UNDER 210.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: New Orleans Pelicans +245, Los Angeles Clippers -300
Pelicans vs Clippers Best Bet: Clippers to cover – Other than their seven-game win streak earlier this month, the Clippers have not been particularly consistent one way or the other. Last time out, they lost to the Warriors by 15 at home, so this is the sensible move here, especially with the Pelicans–who have 12 losses by eight or more points and are 3-9 ATS on the road–visiting Staples tonight.