NBA Preview and Best Bets (February 15): Another Easy Win for the Jazz?
There are no sure things when it comes to NBA betting or any kind of sports betting. But the Utah Jazz have been as close to a sure thing as there is over the last month and change.
As has been covered extensively in this space, the Jazz have been on fire since they were at .500 on January 6. Saturday’s stroll over the Miami Heat was their seventh win in a row and 18th in their last 19 games, and 16 of those 18 wins have come by double digits. With every dominant win, their current odds of +1400 to win the NBA title look like increasingly better value.
Tonight, the Jazz look to make Joel Embiid and the Philadelphia 76ers the latest team to fall victim to their sweet music. Elsewhere, the Nets and Clippers have to navigate a couple of tricky games without injured stars.
February 15 NBA Betting Schedule
Chicago Bulls (10-15) vs Indiana Pacers (14-13), 7:00 pm ET
Houston Rockets (11-15) vs Washington Wizards (7-17), 7:00 pm ET, NBATV
Atlanta Hawks (11-15) vs New York Knicks (13-15), 7:30 pm ET
Philadelphia 76ers (18-9) vs Utah Jazz (22-5), 9:00 pm ET
Cleveland Cavaliers (10-18) vs Golden State Warriors (14-13), 10:00 pm ET
Miami Heat (11-15) vs Los Angeles Clippers (20-8), 10:00 pm ET
Brooklyn Nets (16-12) vs Sacramento Kings (12-14), 10:00 pm ET
February 15 NBA Betting Game of the Day
Philadelphia 76ers (18-9, 14-12-1 ATS) vs Utah Jazz (22-5, 20-7-0 ATS)
- Spread: 76ers +7 (-106), Jazz -7 (-114)
- Total: OVER 226 (-110), UNDER 226 (-110)
- Moneyline: 76ers +260, Jazz -320
Is there any stopping the Jazz? It was expected that the Bucks would pose a serious test, but the Jazz led by double digits for the last 31 minutes of the game.
Tonight is the last game of the 76ers’ four-game Western road trip. They opened it with a win over the Sacramento Kings and held second-half leads against the Portland Trail Blazers and Phoenix Suns but failed to win. On their best night, the Sixers can definitely beat the Jazz, but the question is whether or not that will happen.
Key NBA Betting Trends: The OVER is 5-2-0 in the Sixers’ last seven games, and it is 6-2-0 in their last eight road games. The OVER is 5-3-0 in Utah’s last eight games. The Jazz are 12-2 SU and 11-3-0 ATS against the Eastern Conference this season.
February 15 NBA Betting Top Trends
Bulls (10-15, 14-11-0 ATS) vs Pacers (14-13, 13-14-0 ATS)
- Spread: Bulls +5.5 (-114), Pacers -5.5 (-106)
- Total: Bulls +176, Pacers -210
- Moneyline: OVER 225 (-110), UNDER 225 (-110)
The Bulls are 9-3-0 ATS on the road this season, and the OVER is 7-5-0 in those games. The Pacers are 6-9-0 ATS at home this season. The OVER is 8-7-0 in Indiana’s home games.
Rockets (11-15, 10-16-0 ATS) vs Wizards (7-17, 10-14-0 ATS)
- Spread: Rockets -2 (-108), Wizards +2 (-112)
- Total: OVER 231.5 (-108), UNDER 231.5 (-112)
- Moneyline: Rockets -126, Wizards +108
The Wizards, who won and covered in their last game (a 104-91 win over the Celtics yesterday), have won consecutive games only once this season. Additionally, there are only two instances in which they covered in two or more games in a row. Tonight is a good bet for the next instance of both of those. The Rockets have lost five in a row and failed to cover in each loss.
The OVER was the right play for Wizards games early on, but as of late, the UNDER has been it. Six of Washington’s last seven games have finished UNDER the total. The UNDER has also been the play for the Rockets as of late, especially with Christian Wood out. The UNDER is 5-2-0 in Houston’s last seven games.
Hawks (11-15, 13-13-0 ATS) vs Knicks (13-15, 15-13-0 ATS)
- Spread: Hawks -2 (-110), Knicks +2 (-110)
- Total: OVER 217.5 (-110), UNDER 217.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Hawks -130, Knicks +110
In Saturday’s 121-99 win over the Rockets, the OVER hit for only the ninth time in a Knicks game this season. Only once this season has the OVER hit in consecutive Knicks games, and the UNDER is 7-3-0 in their last 10 games. The OVER is 5-1-0 in Atlanta’s last six games, but the UNDER is 8-3-0 in their road games this season.
The Knicks are 5-1-0 ATS in their last six games, while the Hawks are 1-6 straight up and 2-5-0 ATS in their last seven games.
Cavaliers (10-18, 10-18-0 ATS) vs Warriors (14-13, 13-14-0 ATS)
- Spread: Cavaliers +9 (-104), Warriors -9 (-116)
- Total: OVER 227.5 (-110), UNDER 227.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Cavaliers +350, Warriors -450
The Cavaliers have lost seven straight games and are 0-10-0 ATS in their last 10 games. While they have been great NBA betting fade material lately, their games have also been good for OVER bettors. The OVER has hit in the Cavs’ last four games and is 5-1-1 in their last seven.
Heat (11-15, 9-16-1 ATS) vs Clippers (20-8, 16-12-0 ATS)
- Spread: Heat +3.5 (-110), Clippers -3.5 (-110)
- Total: OVER 216.5 (-112), UNDER 216.5 (-108)
- Moneyline: Heat +138, Clippers -164
The Clippers were already without Paul George (foot), and they are now without Kawhi Leonard indefinitely due to a left leg contusion. Still, even without their two superstars, the Clippers crushed the Cavs by 17 yesterday. The Heat should pose a stiffer test, however. Miami lost by 18 at Utah on Saturday, but that means nothing given th eease with which the Jazz have been beating everyone else (save for the Nuggets, that is). Prior to their defeat to the Jazz, the Heat had won their last four.
Nets (16-12, 12-16-0 ATS) vs Kings (12-14, 13-13-0 ATS)
- Spread: Nets -4 (-110), Kings +4 (-110)
- Total: OVER 242.5 (-110), UNDER 242.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Nets -178, Kings +150
Kevin Durant returned to action for the Nets in Saturday’s rout of the Warriors, but his return was brief. KD will now miss at least the next two games due to a hamstring strain suffered in the win over his former team. The Kings have lost three in a row, all at home, after winning seven of eight. However, the Kings are 6-1-0 ATS in their last seven games as an underdog, so this represents a solid opportunity to potentially back them.
The total, however, is the more worthwhile play to consider here. The OVER is 9-1-0 in the Nets’ last 10 road games, and it is 20-8-0 in Nets games this season. Also, the OVER is 11-3-0 in the Kings’ last 14 home games.
February 15 NBA Betting: Best Bets
- 1. 76ers vs Jazz OVER (Best Bet): The Sixers have given up 111, 118, and 120 on their road trip thus far. The Jazz have scored 115+ points 13 times in their last 19 games and put up 112 on a Heat team that had allowed an average of 97 ppg in its previous four games. An under would be a tremendous surprise.
- 2. Rockets vs Wizards UNDER: The current total looks to be way, way too high given how tough it has been for the Rockets offensively without Christian Wood. Also, the Wizards have been a little less atrocious on defense recently.
- 3. Nets vs Kings OVER: Even without KD, the over is still the play here. Even if it does not hit, it is too high-percentage of a play to ignore.
- 4. Warriors to cover vs Cavaliers: Fade the Cavs until they provide a reason not to.
- 5. Cavaliers vs Warriors OVER: Take the OVER in Cavs games until they provide a reason not to.
- 6. Hawks vs Knicks UNDER: Here is a little bonus today, since there are two bets on the Cavs-Warriors game. The Hawks have been bad defensively over the last couple of weeks, but the under is the high-percentage play here on both sides based on the season as a whole.
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
ACC Coastal Division Betting Preview and Odds: Miami-North Carolina Division Duel to Come Down to October Date in Chapel Hill?
While the Atlantic Division of the ACC will likely lack drama, Miami and North Carolina should have a real battle for the Coastal Division title. Which team is the better bet to have the chance to face Clemson in early December?