Celtics vs Clippers Betting Preview: Can Kawhi, Clippers Keep Rolling?
Tonight’s Celtics vs Clippers showdown at Staples Center is the nightcap of the Friday night NBA slate, and it is also the evening’s best matchup.
The Clippers are back home after an Eastern Conference road swing, while the Celtics are in the middle of a Western Conference road trip. Tonight’s matchup features two of the league’s top scoring duos, with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George on one side and Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown on the other.
The hosts have been playing some good ball lately, so it is no surprise that today’s NBA odds favor them. The Celtics, meanwhile, need to get hot to close the gap in the Eastern Conference standings. Can they get the W and build on it?
Boston Celtics vs Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds and Information
- Matchup: Boston Celtics (11-9, 6-6 away, 4th in the Eastern Conference) vs Los Angeles Clippers (17-6, 8-2 home, 2nd in the Western Conference)
- Date: Friday, February 5, 2021
- Time: 10:00 pm ET/7:00 pm PT
- Location: Los Angeles, California (Staples Center)
- TV: ESPN
- Spread: Celtics +6 (-110), Clippers -6 (-110)
- Total: OVER 219 (-110), UNDER 219 (-110)
- Moneyline: Celtics +215, Clippers -260
Odds via Fanduel as of Friday, February 5 at 10:05 am ET
Boston Celtics Betting Preview
The Celtics are still searching for their rhythm as they play their third game of a five-game Western road trip. Jayson Tatum recently returned and has picked up where he left off, averaging 26.6 ppg in five games. But after going 2-3 without him, the Celtics are only 2-3 since his return.
The Celtics are 4-6 against teams that currently have a winning record, and they come in having lost four of the last five such games. With games against the Suns and Jazz to wrap up their travels, wins are needed over the coming days.
Los Angeles Clippers Betting Preview
The Clippers could not pull out a win against the Nets on Tuesday night, but they had a fairly successful road trip, going 4-2.
Paul George had a huge performance in Wednesday’s 121-99 win over the Cavaliers, scoring 36 points on 13 of 20 shooting. George made eight of nine threes in Cleveland, and he has hit 13 of 16 threes in his last two games. The Celtics allowed Kings rookie Tyrese Haliburton to go five of nine from deep on Wednesday, and Steph Curry hit seven on Tuesday night, so George’s hot shooting could continue tonight.
Boston Celtics vs Los Angeles Clippers Betting Stats and Trends
Boston Celtics Stats and Results
- PPG: 111.6 (16th in the NBA)
- FG: 47.2 percent (10th)
- 3PT: 37.5 percent (10th)
- PPG: 109.4 (9th)
- FG: 46.7 percent (21st)
- 3PT: 36.0 percent (9th)
Boston Celtics Recent Results
- 2/3/21: Sacramento Kings 116-111 Boston Celtics
- 2/2/21: Golden State Warriors 107-111 Boston Celtics
- 1/30/21: Boston Celtics 95-96 Los Angeles Lakers
- 1/27/21: San Antonio Spurs 110-106 Boston Celtics
- 1/25/21: Chicago Bulls 103-119 Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Clippers Stats and Results
- PPG: 115.0 (6th)
- FG: 48.2 percent (4th)
- 3PT: 42.3 percent (1st)
- PPG: 107.1 (4th)
- FG: 46.4 percent (18th)
- 3PT: 36.0 percent (10th)
Los Angeles Clippers Recent Results
- 2/3/21: Cleveland Cavaliers 99-121 Los Angeles Clippers
- 2/2/21: Brooklyn Nets 124-120 Los Angeles Clippers
- 1/31/21: New York Knicks 115-129 Los Angeles CLippers
- 1/29/21: Orlando Magic 90-116 Los Angeles Clippers
- 1/28/21: Miami Heat 105-109 Los Angeles Clippers
Clippers vs Celtics Top Betting Trend
- In their 11-2 stretch, the Clippers have averaged 118.8 ppg. In those 13 games, they have scored 115 or more points nine times. Their team total tonight is 112.5.
Boston Celtics vs Los Angeles Clippers Betting Advice
The Celtics came close last Saturday against the Lakers, and they can certainly hang with the Clippers as well. But the hosts will be too strong in the end tonight. Back the Clippers to cover.
Celtics vs Clippers Best Bets
- Clippers -6
- Clippers team total OVER 113.5
Eddie Griffin has been writing about and betting on sports for over a decade and has been with Betting News since 2021. For more of his thoughts on sports and sports betting, you can follow him on X, formerly known as Twitter.
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Betting News makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.
Latest on Betting News
NFL Betting News
Dolphins vs Bills Week 4 Prediction & Best Bets: Buffalo Bids to Bring Soaring Dolphins Back to Earth
NCAAF Betting News
Notre Dame vs Duke Football Prediction, Odds & Picks: Will the QBs Take Center Stage in Durham?
Horse Betting News
Belmont at the Big A: Noble Damsel Take 2 Friday, September 29, 2023
NFL Betting News
NFL London Series: Falcons vs Jaguars, Odds & Picks: American Football at Wembley
MLB Betting News
Rays vs Red Sox Prediction, Odds & Picks (Sept. 27): Tampa Bay Keeps Dominating AL East Rivalry
Free Betting Picks