Celtics vs Clippers Betting Preview: Can Kawhi, Clippers Keep Rolling?
Tonight’s Celtics vs Clippers showdown at Staples Center is the nightcap of the Friday night NBA slate, and it is also the evening’s best matchup.
The Clippers are back home after an Eastern Conference road swing, while the Celtics are in the middle of a Western Conference road trip. Tonight’s matchup features two of the league’s top scoring duos, with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George on one side and Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown on the other.
The hosts have been playing some good ball lately, so it is no surprise that today’s NBA odds favor them. The Celtics, meanwhile, need to get hot to close the gap in the Eastern Conference standings. Can they get the W and build on it?
Boston Celtics vs Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds and Information
- Matchup: Boston Celtics (11-9, 6-6 away, 4th in the Eastern Conference) vs Los Angeles Clippers (17-6, 8-2 home, 2nd in the Western Conference)
- Date: Friday, February 5, 2021
- Time: 10:00 pm ET/7:00 pm PT
- Location: Los Angeles, California (Staples Center)
- TV: ESPN
- Spread: Celtics +6 (-110), Clippers -6 (-110)
- Total: OVER 219 (-110), UNDER 219 (-110)
- Moneyline: Celtics +215, Clippers -260
Odds via Fanduel as of Friday, February 5 at 10:05 am ET
Boston Celtics Betting Preview
The Celtics are still searching for their rhythm as they play their third game of a five-game Western road trip. Jayson Tatum recently returned and has picked up where he left off, averaging 26.6 ppg in five games. But after going 2-3 without him, the Celtics are only 2-3 since his return.
The Celtics are 4-6 against teams that currently have a winning record, and they come in having lost four of the last five such games. With games against the Suns and Jazz to wrap up their travels, wins are needed over the coming days.
Los Angeles Clippers Betting Preview
The Clippers could not pull out a win against the Nets on Tuesday night, but they had a fairly successful road trip, going 4-2.
Paul George had a huge performance in Wednesday’s 121-99 win over the Cavaliers, scoring 36 points on 13 of 20 shooting. George made eight of nine threes in Cleveland, and he has hit 13 of 16 threes in his last two games. The Celtics allowed Kings rookie Tyrese Haliburton to go five of nine from deep on Wednesday, and Steph Curry hit seven on Tuesday night, so George’s hot shooting could continue tonight.
Boston Celtics vs Los Angeles Clippers Betting Stats and Trends
Boston Celtics Stats and Results
- PPG: 111.6 (16th in the NBA)
- FG: 47.2 percent (10th)
- 3PT: 37.5 percent (10th)
- PPG: 109.4 (9th)
- FG: 46.7 percent (21st)
- 3PT: 36.0 percent (9th)
Boston Celtics Recent Results
- 2/3/21: Sacramento Kings 116-111 Boston Celtics
- 2/2/21: Golden State Warriors 107-111 Boston Celtics
- 1/30/21: Boston Celtics 95-96 Los Angeles Lakers
- 1/27/21: San Antonio Spurs 110-106 Boston Celtics
- 1/25/21: Chicago Bulls 103-119 Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Clippers Stats and Results
- PPG: 115.0 (6th)
- FG: 48.2 percent (4th)
- 3PT: 42.3 percent (1st)
- PPG: 107.1 (4th)
- FG: 46.4 percent (18th)
- 3PT: 36.0 percent (10th)
Los Angeles Clippers Recent Results
- 2/3/21: Cleveland Cavaliers 99-121 Los Angeles Clippers
- 2/2/21: Brooklyn Nets 124-120 Los Angeles Clippers
- 1/31/21: New York Knicks 115-129 Los Angeles CLippers
- 1/29/21: Orlando Magic 90-116 Los Angeles Clippers
- 1/28/21: Miami Heat 105-109 Los Angeles Clippers
Clippers vs Celtics Top Betting Trend
- In their 11-2 stretch, the Clippers have averaged 118.8 ppg. In those 13 games, they have scored 115 or more points nine times. Their team total tonight is 112.5.
Boston Celtics vs Los Angeles Clippers Betting Advice
The Celtics came close last Saturday against the Lakers, and they can certainly hang with the Clippers as well. But the hosts will be too strong in the end tonight. Back the Clippers to cover.
Celtics vs Clippers Best Bets
- Clippers -6
- Clippers team total OVER 113.5
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
The 2022 John Deere Classic kicks off on Thursday, June 30. Here’s a look a the odds for this year’s tournament, plus where to find the best betting value.