For those not paying attention, the Utah Jazz are the hottest team in the NBA right now, and tonight’s Knicks vs Jazz matchup sees the Jazz looking to take their current win streak to nine games.
There appears to be a solid top four of NBA odds favorites in the Lakers, Clippers, Nets, and Bucks. But the Jazz are making an early case as the best of the rest and a potential party crasher. Can they keep the run going tonight, or will the NBA’s best defensive team bring their streak to a halt?
New York Knicks vs Utah Jazz Betting Odds and Information
Matchup: New York Knicks vs Utah Jazz
- Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2021
- Time: 9:00 pm ET/7:00 pm MT
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah (Vivint Arena)
- TV: SportsNet Rocky Mountain
- Spread: Knicks +11 (-106), Jazz -11 (-114)
- Total: OVER 211.5 (-115), UNDER 211.5 (-105)
- Moneyline: Knicks +460, Jazz -620
Odds via Fanduel as of Tuesday, January 26 at 12:00 pm ET
New York Knicks Betting Preview
The Knicks have come back down to earth after a bright start to the season, as they have dropped seven of their last ten games. But all things considered, there is still a lot to look positively upon early on in Tom Thibodeau’s tenure.
The Knicks are last in the NBA in scoring offense, but it’s not all bad on that end. In Sunday’s loss at Portland, rookie point guard Immanuel Quickley scored a career-high 31 points and made 5 of 8 from three. Also, guard Alec Burks scored 18 in his third game back after being out for almost a month. Prior to being sidelined, Burks had opened the season by scoring 22, 22, and 18 points in the first three games.
Defensively, the Knicks did not have their best night against the Blazers, but they still sit atop the league in scoring defense. Given the amount of scoring that is taking place throughout the league currently, it is notable that they are 5.5 points ahead of the Eastern Conference’s second-best defensive team (Cleveland Cavaliers, 109.1 ppg).
Utah Jazz Betting Preview
The Jazz keep on winning, and they keep on winning by sizable margins at that. In their eight-game win streak, only one win has not been by double digits. Since that little blip against the Denver Nuggets, who they beat by only four points, the Jazz have won their last three games by 16, 11, and 19 points.
What continues to be most noteworthy about the Jazz’s run is that it is coming with Bojan Bogdanovic still struggling with his shot. Bogdanovic shot 44.7 percent from the field and 41.4 percent from three last season in his first year with the Jazz, as he averaged a career-high 20.2 ppg. This season, however, he is shooting only 37.7 percent from the field and 37.4 percent from three, and he is averaging only 13.5 ppg. Given how well the Jazz are playing despite his struggles, it is a scary prospect for the rest of the West if he can get going soon.
New York Knicks vs Utah Jazz Betting Stats & Trends
New York Knicks Stat Sheet
- PPG: 101.9 (30th in the NBA)
- FG: 44.2 percent (25th)
- 3PT: 34.8 percent (24th)
- PPG: 103.6 (1st)
- FG: 43.2 percent (1st)
- 3PT: 31.4 percent (1st)
New York Knicks Recent Form (Last Five: 3-2)
- 1/24/21: Portland Trail Blazers 116-113 New York Knicks
- 1/22/21: Sacramento Kings 103-94 New York Knicks
- 1/21/21: Golden State Warriors 104-119 New York Knicks
- 1/18/21: New York Knicks 91-84 Orlando Magic
- 1/17/21: Boston Celtics 75-105 New York Knicks
Utah Jazz Stat Sheet
- PPG: 113.2 (11th)
- FG: 46.8 percent (13th)
- 3PT: 40.2 percent (2nd)
- PPG: 106.1 (3rd)
- FG: 44.1 percent (2nd)
- 3PT: 34.9 percent (6th)
Utah Jazz Recent Form (Last Five: 5-0)
- 1/23/21: Utah Jazz 127-108 Golden State Warriors
- 1/21/21: Utah Jazz 129-118 New Orleans Pelicans
- 1/19/21: Utah Jazz 118-102 New Orleans Pelicans
- 1/17/21: Denver Nuggets 105-109 New Orleans Pelicans
- 1/15/21: Utah Jazz 116-92 Atlanta Hawks
Knicks vs Jazz Top Betting Trend
- Rudy Gobert has a double-double in five straight games and 11 times in 16 games this season. The Gobert double-double/Jazz to win double is available at -122.
- Jordan Clarkson scored only 14 points in the Jazz’s win over Golden State Saturday, which stopped a streak of eight games with 15+ points. Clarkson, who is averaging 17.4 ppg this season, has scored 15+ points in 12 games this season. Clarkson to score 15+ points/Jazz to win is available at +106.
New York Knicks vs Utah Jazz Betting Advice
Double-digit point spreads are always to be approached with caution, at minimum. The Jazz should win this one comfortably and likely will, but approach the spread with caution on either side.
The over might seem a risk, but the Jazz are playing at a high level offensively right now and will not be slowed down tonight. Back the over and the aforementioned props.
Knicks vs Jazz Best Bets
- Knicks vs Jazz OVER 211.5 (-115)
- Rudy Gobert double/double/Jazz to win (-122)
- Jordan Clarkson to score 15+ points/Jazz to win (+106)