NBA Betting Daily Preview (April 19): Are the Bucks Tonight’s Best NBA Bet?
Tonight’s NBA betting schedule is a real treat, with a nine-game slate highlighted by a few excellent matchups.
The NBA matchup of the night is far and away in Milwaukee, as the Bucks host the Phoenix Suns. The Suns are making a hard charge at top spot in the Western Conference but took a step in the wrong direction with Saturday’s 26-point home loss to the San Antonio Spurs. The Bucks are looking to overcome their own bad home loss, and while they are favored by only a slight margin, there is one factor that tips the scales in their favor rather heavily.
Here’s a look at tonight’s NBA schedule and the top NBA betting matchups and lines of the night.
Monday, April 19 NBA Betting Schedule
Cleveland Cavaliers vs Detroit Pistons, 7:00 pm ET
Chicago Bulls vs Boston Celtics, 7:30 pm ET
Golden State Warriors vs Philadelphia 76ers, 7:30 pm ET
San Antonio Spurs vs Indiana Pacers, 8:00 pm ET
Houston Rockets vs Miami Heat, 8:00 pm ET
Phoenix Suns vs Milwaukee Bucks, 8:00 pm ET
Oklahoma City Thunder vs Washington Wizards, 8:00 pm ET
Memphis Grizzlies vs Denver Nuggets, 9:00 pm ET
Utah Jazz vs Los Angeles Lakers, 10:00 pm ET
Monday, April 19 Top NBA Betting Matchups
You can also find our aggregated industry NBA betting picks for these matchups and all of the day’s other NBA matchups on our NBA picks page.
NBA betting odds are via FanDuel Sportsbook as of Monday, April 19 at 6:00 pm ET.
Golden State Warriors (28-29 SU, 27-30 ATS, 26-31 O/U) vs Philadelphia 76ers (39-17 SU, 30-24-2 ATS, 25-31 O/U), ESPN, 7:30 pm ET
- Spread: Warriors +9 (-110), 76ers -9 (-110)
- Total: OVER 223.5 (-110), UNDER 223.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Warriors +315, 76ers -400
The Warriors are 5-8 SU and 4-9 ATS on the road against Eastern Conference opposition this season, and they are 11-19 SU and ATS overall on the road. None of that bodes too favorably for Golden State.
The Sixers come into tonight’s game after wins over the Brooklyn Nets and Los Angeles Clippers in their last two games. They didn’t cover in either game, but the Sixers, 16-11 ATS at home this season, are 6-2 SU since Joel Embiid returned from his knee injury.
As well as Embiid is playing right now, Steph Curry has been even better. Steph is in unbelievable form right now, having scored 30+ points in ten straight games. In his last four, he is averaging 43.8 points per game and has hit double-digit threes three times. Expect another big night from him, but can he lead the Warriors to an unlikely win in Philly?
Phoenix Suns (40-16 SU, 35-21 ATS, 29-27 O/U) vs Milwaukee Bucks (35-21 SU, 25-31 ATS, 33-22-1 O/U), 8:00 pm ET
- Spread: Suns +2.5 (-108), Bucks -2.5 (-112)
- Total: OVER 234 (-108), UNDER 234 (-112)
- Moneyline: Suns +120, Bucks -142
The Bucks are now four games behind the Sixers for the top spot in the Eastern Conference and are 2.5 back of the Nets for second, so there is no room for losing home games if they want to make a late charge at a top-two seed.
After three straight road wins, the Bucks came home and lost by 13 to the Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday, even with Giannis Antetokounmpo, Khris Middleton, and Jrue Holiday all playing. The Bucks are 16-7 SU at home with Giannis in the lineup and have lost consecutive home games with him only once this season, which is the only time that has happened over the last three seasons. So the odds are strongly in favor of a bounce-back performance and result for Milwaukee tonight.
Utah Jazz vs Los Angeles Lakers, ESPN, 10:00 pm ET
- Spread: Jazz -7 (-106), Lakers +7 (-114)
- Total: OVER 214 (-110), UNDER 214 (-110)
- Moneyline: Jazz -270, Lakers +220
Monday, April 19 Top NBA Betting Lines to Watch
NBA Betting Sides
- Bucks ML vs Suns: When these two teams met in Phoenix on February 10, the Suns eked out a 125-124 home win. There’s every chance tonight’s game could be as tight, so if betting on the Bucks the moneyline is less of a risk with a small spread in mind.
NBA Betting Totals
- Golden State Warriors vs Philadelphia 76ers OVER: The Warriors’ recent push to solidify a playoff position is not occurring due to playing excellent defense, and the Sixers are still a strong offensive team even if they are shorthanded.
NBA Betting Props
- Joel Embiid to score 35+ points: Embiid has hit the 35-point mark in three straight games and is good value to do so tonight. The key is whether or not the Sixers run away with this one. If they do, then he might exit early, thereby limiting how much time he might have to work with to put up enough points.
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
The 2021 Preakness is this Saturday at Pimlico. This year will have a different feel as the focus will be on the recent news surrounding Medina Spirit.