Turf Paradise Friday: 5 Stakes Scheduled to Start the Weekend
Turf Paradise has 5 stakes scheduled for Friday. The stakes include the Turf Paradise Derby and the Cotton Fitzsimmons Mile.
Turf Paradise Track Profile
Turf Paradise is one of those tracks that many players dip into to play on select days. One of the challenges with that can be that every track has quirks that could impact how your otherwise proven handicapping strategies may play.
That being said, as I’ve been paying more attention to Turf Paradise this winter, I’ve found the track to be extremely fair. Horses can win from any post, any run style, and and any path on the track.
If any run style is disadvantageous it would be deep closers. For a full breakdown of the track profile, check out the track bias tool on our website.
Friday Full Card Analysis
Turf Paradise Race 1
Post: 12:55 PM MT; Purse: $11,480 Claiming, 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 11
- #3 P R RADIO STAR (3-1) looks tough to beat here given the edge in a number of key categories including speed & class.
- #9 MARDEN (9-2) has speed figures that make this one a player
- #7 COUNTRY ROAD (20-1) is a bomb that has to be respected based on the connections.
- #10 JEN LORS LEGACY (6-1) has been a solid board hitter at this distance and makes sense as an outsider here.
Turf Paradise Race 2
Post: 1:20 PM MT; Purse: $23,800 Maiden Optional Claiming, 1 Mile on Turf; Entries: 8
- #3 INDY'S STAR (5-2) is in with a major shot holding edges in both speed & class.
- #2 BIG HEAT (7-2) merits consideration in this spot given edges in stamina & record at the distance.
- #5 GYPSY LYNN (5-1) should be in the right spot early to give this horse a chance to get the job done.
- #6 BIG FASHION (6-1) should be competitive based on breeding which is among the most impressive in the group.
Turf Paradise Race 3
Post: 1:50 PM MT; Purse: $26,600 Allowance Optional Claiming, 5 1/2 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 9
- #7 RED BOTTOM REBEL (8-1) is a price that I have my eye on here. This one has top speed numbers and could get a perfect race flow today.
- #9 SHIP'S CREEK (5-1) rates out well enough to be a factor against this field
- #6 HINDU MISS CHEF (9-2) comes out of a solid barn and has a power rating that suggests this one is a player.
- #1 BLACK DROP (10-1) is in solid form and could maybe utilize that to at least get into the number today.
Turf Paradise Race 4
Post: 2:26 PM MT; Purse: $37,800 Molly P. Overnight S., 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 8
- #1 DAFFODIL SWEET (4-1) is a major player in today's race edging the field in several key handicapping factors including stamina & form.
- #6 FIVE PICS PLEASE (9-2) is worth a look here given edges in pace numbers & power rating.
- #7 HARKING (3-1) merits consideration in this spot given edges in speed & race flow.
- #8 FULL OF GRACE (7-2) is worth a look here given the recent company this one has been running against.
Turf Paradise Race 5
Post: 2:57 PM MT; Purse: $75,000 Arizona Oaks, 1 Mile on Dirt; Entries: 8
- #1 UNSOLVED MYSTERY (7-2) should be competitive today based on the horse's speed & form.
- #5 OPAL CREEK (4-1) is in with a great chance based on the horse's connections. This one will be hunting the front early.
- #4 CHESTERETTE (9-2) has speed figures that match up well enough with this field.
- #6 MADIHA (5-2) has class figures that make this one competitive in this spot.
Turf Paradise Race 6
Post: 3:32 PM MT; Purse: $75,000 Turf Paradise Derby, 1 1/16 Miles on Dirt; Entries: 7
- #3 FINNEUS (2-1) comes in from California. Along with top speed figures this one is the most accomplished in the group. He won the Golden State Juvenile at Del Mar. His three races before that he lost to the likes of elite young horses like Pappacap, Pinehurst, and Corniche. There won’t be any of those monsters in this spot.
- #4 MASHHAD FLATS (9-2) is in with a great chance based on the horse's record at the distance & power rating.
- #7 MONGOLIAN MEMORY (7-2) should be in the right spot early to give this horse a chance to get the job done.
- #1 CHROME KING (6-1) has to be respected based on the connections.
Selections: 3-4-7-1 (Best Bet: #3 FINNEUS )
Turf Paradise Race 7
Post: 4:03 PM MT; Purse: $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup H., 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 10
- #1 ARHAM (9-2) should have no problem with the 6 furlongs and will be forward early. This one could be tough.
- #8 LAW ABIDIN CITIZEN (3-1) is in with a great chance based on the recent competition this one has been facing.
- #9 TIGER DAD (8-1) should be competitive based on the overall power rating which has it tops in the group.
- #2 ANNIE'S BOY (8-1) is in great form and has run speed figures more than capable of getting the job done.
Turf Paradise Race 8
Post: 4:37 PM MT; Purse: $100,000 Cotton Fitzsimmons Mile H., 1 Mile on Turf; Entries: 9
- #1 MUCHO DEL ORO (4-1) has a great shot in the race given the the connections and superior early pace numbers.
- #4 MAJESTIC EAGLE (7-2) is worth a look here given edges in class & record at the distance.
- #5 CAMINO DEL PARAISO (3-1) seems to be running in top form of late. This one wouldn’t be a surprise as a winner.
- #2 GIANT PAYDAY (15-1) would be a stretch to win the race, but I think this one will sit close and maybe can hang around in the late stages of the race.
Betting News Free Handicapping Tools
For more information on racing from all of the Turf Paradise cards, check out our free handicapping tools.
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
Two former Mississippi State teammates will go head-to-head tonight in St. Louis as Brandon Woodruff and the Milwaukee Brewers take on Dakota Hudson and the Cardinals. In yesterday’s series opener at Busch Stadium, the Brewers eked out a 4-3 win. Tonight, Hudson will look to draw the Cardinals level in this NL Central rivalry series …