Turf Paradise Tuesday: Building Bankroll Ahead of Busy Weekend
This weekend features a slew of stakes from Sunland Park, Gulfstream, and Aqueduct. Tuesday’s card at Turf Paradise gives players a chance to pad their bankroll before things heat up.
The “Key” To Success
Turf Paradise may be a far cry from some of the top tracks around the country. It doesn’t have the notoriety or the quality of horses as Santa Anita to its west or Gulfstream Park to its east.
Nevertheless, this year I have had a couple opportunities to be the guest handicapper at the track. In turn this has made me pay for more attention than I would have in years past. One thing that I have found is that in some of the seemingly chaotic results there is great opportunity.
One of the most important breakthroughs I had at Turf Paradise was using key wagers. If my horse hits the board, I can usually come out ahead.
- $1 Trifecta Key: Top pick/2 logicals and a long shot/2 logicals and a long shot ($6)
- $.5 Trifecta Key: 2 Logicals and a long shot/2 logicals and a long shot/ Top pick ($3)
- $2 Exacta Key: Top pick/2 logicals and a long shot ($6)
- $1 Exacta Key: 2 logicals and a long shot/Top pick ($3)
- $20 Win: Top Pick ($20) if at odds of even money or higher
If my top pick wins I am guaranteed to profit on the race. If my top pick wins and I am right about the other horses I crush the race. If my pick loses (especially to the longshot) I can clean up just the same.
While I have found great success with this strategy it is important to gauge the race and if there is enough value in your wager to make it worth it. If you can’t find a long shot to fill out your exotics, pass the race or play a different approach that casts a smaller net.
Tuesday Card Analysis
Turf Paradise Race 1
Post: 1:25 PM PT; Purse: $10,860 Claiming, 1 Mile on Dirt; Entries: 6
- #2 INFO'S TREASURE (5-2) looks formidable here given the edge in a number of key categories including speed & class.
- #1 DR GS SWEETIE (6-1) has similar speed numbers to the top pick but is at a much bigger price.
- #6 BLAZING MISS JOJO (5-1) has to be respected based on the connections.
- #5 SANDY SUNSHINE (2-1) has run against some decent opponents, the numbers come up a bit light in the speed department, but maybe this one wakes up dropping down.
Turf Paradise Race 2
Post: 1:53 PM PT; Purse: $25,750 Allowance Optional Claiming, 1 Mile on Turf; Entries: 6
- #1 INVINCIBELLA (6-5) is in with a major shot holding speed & class.
- #3 BIG NEWS COMING (6-1) is worth a look here given edges in record at the distance & pace numbers.
- #4 BIG STRETCH (5-2) will likely have the stamina to outlast these in the final jumps of the race.
- #2 LITTLE MISS BELLE (7-2) could get a perfect pace scenario today.
Turf Paradise Race 3
Post: 2:21 PM PT; Purse: $10,860 Claiming, 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 6
- #4 THRILL'S LEGACY (7-2) has to be respected today edging the field in several key handicapping factors including class & pace numbers.
- #3 LOVELY LINDA (2-1) merits consideration in this spot given edges in speed & power rating.
- #2 SOJOURNER TRUTH (5-1) will likely have the stamina to outlast these in the final jumps of the race.
- #6 THECHAMPISFLORING (5-2) has Lopez in the saddle for a solid barn and that is always dangerous.
Selections: 4-3-2-6 (Best Bet: #4 THRILL'S LEGACY )
Turf Paradise Race 4
Post: 2:49 PM PT; Purse: $10,860 Claiming, 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 7
- #2 CROSS TOWN (7-2) looks solid in this spot edging the field in several key handicapping factors including stamina & power rating.
- #7 K P SILVER BULLET (2-1) seems to have to have kept the best company in the previous starts.
- #6 IZEISMAGA (10-1) has to be respected based on the connections.
- #1 TEST DRIVE (10-1) should be competitive today based on the horse's speed & form.
Turf Paradise Race 5
Post: 3:17 PM PT; Purse: $14,340 Claiming, 7 1/2 Furlongs on Turf; Entries: 7
- #3 LADY JADE (3-1) is worth a look here given the connections & the projected race flow.
- #7 PREDETERMINATION (5-1) merits consideration in this spot given edges in speed & pace numbers.
- #6 KARALINKA (7-2) should be competitive today based on the horse's speed & form.
- #2 SHE'S A LADY GRIZ (10-1) is a major player based on speed figures.
Turf Paradise Race 6
Post: 3:45 PM PT; Purse: $13,300 Claiming, 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 8
- #3 CALL YOU TOMORROW (5-1) is worth a look here based on the connections & overall power rating.
- #1 SQUARED STRAIGHT (3-1) merits consideration in this spot given edges in speed & pace numbers.
- #5 HUNTINGTONS RITHM (5-1) is proven as a good bet to at least hit the board under today's distance and surface conditions.
- #6 DON'TTEASETHETIGER (8-1) will likely have the stamina to outlast these in the final jumps of the race.
Turf Paradise Race 7
Post: 4:13 PM PT; Purse: $22,300 Maiden Optional Claiming, 5 1/2 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 9
- #7 RES IPSA LOQUITUR (3-1) has a great shot in the race given the speed figures earned. This one like to go forward which is always a bonus at this level and distance.
- #4 SEA SPLENDOR (6-1) is well bred to be a runner at this level and distance. Whether that breeding amounts to anything remains to be seen.
- #5 SYZSLAK (4-1) has run well in the early stages of the career.
- #6 GO LAKER GO (5-1) is a first time starter that might be a good alternative.
Turf Paradise Race 8
Post: 4:41 PM PT; Purse: $12,290 Starter Optional Claiming, 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 9
- #8 GOT EVEN SMARTER (8-1) is in with a great chance based on the horse's class & form.
- #9 UPPER ROOM (3-1) should be in the right spot early to give this horse a chance to get the job done.
- #6 WICKED FORTITUDE (4-1) has solid connections behind him and makes some sense.
- #1 KING LEBRON (7-2) has already proven to be able to run well at the distance.
Betting News Free Handicapping Tools
For more information on racing from all of the week’s cards, check out our free handicapping tools.
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
2022 Formula 1 Season Championship Odds: Favorite Verstappen takes championship lead as Leclerc denied by DNF in Spain
The 2022 Formula 1 season is only six races deep, but the race for this season’s championship alerady appears to be down to just two drivers. Last season, Red Bull driver Max Verstappen claimed his first Formula 1 World Drivers’ Championship in highly controversial circumstances, with Lewis Hamilton denied what would have been a record-breaking …