Lone Star Park Thursday: Bluebonnet Stakes Analysis
Lone Star Park is one of 2 tracks running a stakes race on Thursday. The Bluebonnet will be contested at 6 1/2 furlongs on the dirt track.
Thursday Full Card Analysis
Lone Star Park wastes no time and jumps right into the feature to kick off the card under the lights.
Lone Star Park Race 1
Post: 6:35 PM CT; Purse: $75,000 Bluebonnet S., 6 1/2 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 10
- #7 IMA DISCREET LADY (9-5) comes into the race in great form and should be a major factor in the outcome of this race.
- #9 BOERNE (5-2) has the top speed figures and should get the right setup in this spot. This one is a worthy adversary for the favorite.
- #3 TAKE CHARGE WOMAN (15-1) is the long shot that interests me the most. This one goes out for a solid barn and may be able to get up for a piece underneath.
- #6 LADY AVE (2-1) has performed well at the 6 1/2 furlong distance, but I wonder if that’s enough to get this one home. Maybe the class does put this one in play.
Lone Star Park Race 2
Post: 7:03 PM CT; Purse: $16,000 Claiming, 1 1/16 Miles on Turf; Entries: 8
- #4 GOLD VERMILION (2-1) could be the pace setter and may end up showing the best kick for home.
- #3 ELUSIVE D'ORO (4-1) has the top overall power rating in the field and based on recent form has to be given a look.
- #1 GORDON ANTHONY (3-1) looks good in this spot based on speed figures.
- #6 NANAS BOY (6-1) is an interesting fringe contender in races that often feature plenty of chaos.
Lone Star Park Race 3
Post: 7:31 PM CT; Purse: $13,500 Claiming, 5 1/2 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 7
- #6 TAY TAY'S BABY (7-2) has solid ratings in many of the traditional handicapping factors.
- #7 BONUS BABY (5-2) stands over the field on handicapping factors such as speed, class, and pace, but gets knocked down on my numbers because of too many red flags from the previous efforts.
- #3 COSTANARMANDALEG (9-2) has the top in the money percentage at the distance and wouldn’t be a total shock.
- #2 EMOTIONAL INTEL (6-1) could get a nice setup to get the job done here.
Lone Star Park Race 4
Post: 7:59 PM CT; Purse: $13,000 Maiden Claiming, 5 1/2 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 7
- #6 CANDY ANNE (3-5) should dominate this field, but I’m always concerned when one looks this good on paper against these types of horses. Maybe it is fool’s gold, but it is hard to see this one losing.
- #4 GETONOUTTAHERE (8-1) could pull the upset in this spot. I like horses around this price in maiden claiming ranks.
- #5 SOUL SET FREE (2-1) seems reasonable for this spot, but the price may be too short to provide any value.
- #3 CASTING PEARLS (20-1) is a long price that has the ability to outrun the odds here.
Lone Star Park Race 5
Post: 8:27 PM CT; Purse: $17,500 Claiming, 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 10
- #5 READY EDGE (5-2) looks good in this spot based on speed figures and early pace numbers.
- #4 STANS HOME RUN (3-1) comes into the race in really good form.
- #3 BOSQUE (5-1) is probably the next likeliest winner and rates out well in a number of handicapping factors.
- #9 MANI SURPRISE (10-1) is a connection play who could deliver at a price here.
Lone Star Park Race 6
Post: 8:55 PM CT; Purse: $18,500 Claiming, 7 1/2 Furlongs on Turf; Entries: 12
- #4 CAIRO WARRIOR (4-1) has the top power rating in the group. That can sometimes be deceiving on turf, but the inside draw should help boost the chances.
- #11 LIGHT CRUISER (5-1) has the top speed figures and may get an absolutely perfect setup here.
- #10 AQUIMINE (6-1) could get involve early and has done well under these conditions before.
- #1 HORN OF PLENTY (7-2) looks to be the class of the field.
Lone Star Park Race 7
Post: 9:23 PM CT; Purse: $33,000 Maiden Special Weight, 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 11
- #1 MESABI (4-1) has experience which is often a huge asset. This one has run the best best figures to this point.
- #10 GOLDEN QUALITY (7-2) is well bred to perform well in this spot.
- #3 DARE TO BE WILD (12-1) should have the foundation to run better than the odds in this spot.
- #4 SPIN TO WIN (12-1)is a first time starter who is in with a big shot to find the number here.
Lone Star Park Race 8
Post: 9:51 PM CT; Purse: $33,000 Allowance Optional Claiming, 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 6
- #2 DREAMS OF VALOR (2-1) will be tough to beat in this spot with an edge in speed, pace, and class.
- #3 JACKMAN (8-1) has put up good numbers at this distance before and could run well here again today at a nice price.
- #5 RELEASE THE BEAST (7-5) has a solid power rating and goes out for good connections, but this one feels vulnerable as a favorite.
- #6 ROSIE'S OUTLAW (3-1) makes the list because the field is so small. Based on my numbers this one is a cut below the top runners in here.
Selections: 2-3-5-6 (Best Bet: #2 DREAMS OF VALOR)
Lone Star Park Race 9
Post: 10:19 PM CT; Purse: $33,000 Maiden Special Weight, 7 1/2 Furlongs on Turf; Entries: 12
- #7 LADY GOT MOVES (7-5) has run well at this distance and has blood lines that suggest this one will be really good at this almost route turf distance.
- #1 BIONICA (9-2) should be able to work out a nice ground saving trip from the rail.
- #6 FAYETTE BLUE (3-1) looks good in this spot based on has the top speed figures in the group. While they aren’t as reliable on grass as dirt, this one looks like a player.
- #12 SO FULLY SUE (8-1) looks good in this spot based on record at the distance.
Betting News Free Handicapping Tools
For more information on racing from all of the week’s racing action, check out our free handicapping tools.
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
It has been a miserable month for the Seattle Mariners, and things are unlikely to get any better tonight as they welcome AL Cy Young Award favorite Justin Verlander and the Houston Astros to T-Mobile Park. After just missing out on the MLB playoffs last season, the Mariners entered this season with hopes of finally …