Horseshoe Indianapolis: Tuesday, May 10th Analysis, Selections
Horseshoe Indianapolis returned this week to its usual schedule. The track will now run Monday through Thursday. Tuesday’s card is all about the future.
Those new to the game may be unfamiliar with the term “maiden.” In the sport of horse racing this title is given to any horse, male or female, that has failed to win a race.
Maiden special weights are generally the stronger fields. These races will generally produce future allowance and stakes runners. While maiden claimers will often produce the future of the claiming ranks.
On Tuesday’s Horseshoe Indianapolis card there are 6 maiden races. Five of the races are maiden special weights for thoroughbreds. The day’s final race is a maiden race for quarter horses.
Tuesday Full Card Analysis
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 1
Post: 2:30 PM ET; Purse: $15,000 Claiming, 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 7
- #2 GUARD DUTY (6-1) gets the top pick based on speed figures and pace. It is hard to argue with this runner’s recent form.
- #3 SHIPSHAPE (2-1) is a player given the record at the distance and power rating.
- #1 FORENSIC FILE (12-1) has speed figures that fit with this group.
- #5 JENNSTONE (4-1) has proven to really like the 6 furlong trip in previous starts.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 2
Post: 3:01 PM ET; Purse: $25,000 Starter Optional Claiming, 1 Mile on Dirt; Entries: 6
- #5 GO FOR SHERRIE (2-1) gets the top pick based on speed figures and connections.
- #4 INCORRIGIBLE (7-2) just might get a perfect setup to pull the upset in this spot.
- #6 NIP N TUCK (20-1) doesn’t seem a likely winner, but a major player to out run the odds.
- #1 CAN'TBETEMALL (7-5) has a good foundation for this route distance and makes sense as a favorite despite looking a bit vulnerable for such a short price.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 3
Post: 3:32 PM ET; Purse: $20,000 Starter Allowance, 5 1/2 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 7
- #7 DESTINY'S DARLING (5-2) is the top pick based on speed figures and early pace.
- #3 BELLARIFIC (5-1) comes into the race signaling a positive move forward here.
- #2 DULCIMER DAME (4-1)has to be respected based on the connections behind this runner.
- #6 SHAPE OF YOU (8-1) feels like the horse that could get the best trip in the race.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 4
Post: 4:03 PM ET; Purse: $38,500 Maiden Special Weight, 5 1/2 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 9
- #4 TOO BAD JUSTICE (6-5) towers over this group on figures. This can be deceiving with these lightly raced maidens, but if this one runs back to the previous efforts it may be tough to beat.
- #5 SHINEONBRAD (9-2) is another runner that already has foundation.
- #1 SMILE LIKE KYLE (6-1) has a pedigree that should be suited for dirt sprints.
- #7 WHOSPACKINMYLUNCH (6-1) comes into the race looking ready to fire a solid performance.
Selections: 4-5-1-7 (Best Bet: #4 TOO BAD JUSTICE)
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 5
Post: 4:34 PM ET; Purse: $38,000 Allowance Optional Claiming, 1 Mile on Turf; Entries: 11
- #7 MUTAKATIF (2-1) will likely be in front early and may look to take them around.
- #3 ARTIE'S RUMOR (4-1) has been running against some solid company and is definitely a force to be reckoned with here.
- #6 KING'S MISCHIEF (8-1) has the top speed figures in the group.
- #5 KENTUCKY PHAROAH (9-2) isn’t the likeliest winner, but would hardly be a shocker.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 6
Post: 5:05 PM ET; Purse: $38,500 Maiden Special Weight, 5 1/2 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 9
- #4 JERICHO EXPRESS (6-1) has experience and has a lot of advantages in this spot. I like this one in an upset.
- #7 JUST A NOTION (10-1) is another long shot who could be ready to run a big race in this spot.
- #3 MAKER'S PLEASE (5-2) has connections that are proven in these maiden ranks to fire some big efforts.
- #9 COPPER HARBOR (10-1) is a horse I expect to outperform the odds in this spot.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 7
Post: 5:36 PM ET; Purse: $34,000 Maiden Special Weight, 5 Furlongs on Turf; Entries: 12
- #2 SCONCE (6-1) gets the top pick on debut. I don’t love the experience in this one so we’ll take a shot.
- #6 HONOR THAT (3-1) took on some solid looking horses in the last race. This one definitely gets a look.
- #11 ICY RIVER (8-1) seems to have a run style that suits today’s race.
- #1 QUEEN IN THE NORTH (4-1) put up really solid speed figures last out.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 8
Post: 6:07 PM ET; Purse: $34,000 Maiden Special Weight, 1 Mile on Turf; Entries: 14
- #1 BALLOT INITIATIVE (5-1) is a speed figure play who should relish the foundation gained from the last start.
- #7 QUARIA BRAVA (8-1) is candidate to pop on debut.
- #5 LIVY B (10-1) has hit the board on the turf already in the career.
- #6 BLESSING THE FLAG (8-1) is well bred to be a turf router.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 9
Post: 6:38 PM ET; Purse: $34,000 Maiden Special Weight, 5 1/2 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 8
- #1 GO EMI (6-1) comes from a good barn with the top speed ratings. It is hard to argue with 6-1 on that.
- #2 CLASSIC KING (4-1) is a well bred horse for this spot.
- #5 BRUCE ON THE LOOSE (10-1) has races under the belt and could take a step forward here.
- #3 GAON FLAG (2-1) has run against some decent company.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 10-Quarter Horses
Post: 7:09 PM ET; Purse: $18,000 Maiden, 350 Yards on Dirt; Entries: 10
- #2 SIXES TAKIN CASH (2-1) has been good at 350 yards and could continue that.
- #8 JESS GO BLUE (12-1) tends to get really good breaks from the gate and has the top speed index figures in the field.
- #10 ONE FAMOUS HUSTLER (12-1) goes out for solid connections.
- #6 JETTIN TO MIDNIGHT (3-1) looks like a threat from the middle post draw.
Betting News Free Handicapping Tools
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
There are 12 stakes taking place on Saturday. Five of those will be held at Santa Anita Park for California bred horses including the Fran’s Valentine.