Horseshoe Indianapolis: 2 Day Race Week Concludes Wednesday
Early in the Horseshoe Indianapolis meet, the track is running just 2 days a week. Wednesday concludes the week with a 10 race card.
Wednesday Full Card Analysis
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 1
Post: 2:30 PM ET; Purse: $34,000 Maiden Special Weight, 1 Mile on Dirt; Entries: 7
- #4 BRIGHT SPARK (3-1) looks good in this spot based on the connections and superior breeding.
- #3 LEVY (6-1) comes into this spot with good form and speed figures to match.
- #6 FAST ICE (5-2) is a firster who has been given a lot of respect on the morning line. This is often an indication that there is plenty of backside buzz on this runner.
- #5 HALOO (8-1) looks good in this spot based on the previous try at the distance.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 2
Post: 3:00 PM ET; Purse: $42,000 Allowance, 5 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 7
- #3 CAP DE FUEGO (2-1) looks good in this spot based on really tough to beat in this spot. This runner is the fastest early, fastest late, and has run against the best company in the previous starts.
- #4 DEUTERONOMYSTRONG (8-1) comes into the race in top form and has faced salty enough to be a runner here.
- #1 SACRED SKY (15-1) has the connections to get the job done and could site the perfect trip. The concern is the rail which hasn’t been great early in the meet.
- #6 TUFFER THAN TUFF (5-1) is another pace scenario play, but may get the advantage of a slightly wider draw.
Selections: 3-4-1-6 (Best Bet: #3 CAP DE FUEGO)
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 3
Post: 3:30 PM ET; Purse: $16,500 Starter Allowance, 5 1/2 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 8
- #7 BAILESTON LASSIE (5-2) looks good in this spot based has this field on class and has solid blood lines to be dangerous here.
- #3 DESTINY'S DARLING (6-1) will be forward early and has the top speed figures.
- #4 BETCHA (4-1) goes out for a really solid barn.
- #2 ONLY REWARD'S (10-1) rates out well enough across the board to sneak into some of the bottom spots of the exotics.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 4
Post: 4:00 PM ET; Purse: $38,500 Maiden Special Weight, 5 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 9
- #5 SPEEDY DELIVERY (6-1) should be bred well to get the 5 furlongs quickly.
- #6 LAST HURRAH (9-5) looks good in this spot based on has the experience on this group and comes in with solid speed figures.
- #3 LIZZSAIDNO (10-1) is interesting at a price.
- #1 CLIMBER (7-2) is a well bred runner for dirt sprints, but the inside draw really limits the options for this one.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 5
Post: 4:30 PM ET; Purse: $25,000 Starter Optional Claiming, 5 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 9
- #2 ONE FOR RICHIE (9-5) looks tough to beat running the fastest against the best in the previous starts. This seems like one you could single on a lot of tickets.
- #5 WAR ACT (5-1) has the speed figures to be a player in this spot.
- #9 NAUGHTY ALFRED (5-2) doesn’t rate out particularly high in any traditional handicapping category. This leads me to believe that the barns have been talking about this one.
- #7 PETIT VERDOT (12-1) is a nice price to spike up your vertical wagers.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 6
Post: 5:00 PM ET; Purse: $38,500 Maiden Special Weight, 5 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 9
- #1 LADY VANIER (10-1) has the best breeding in this spot. That may not be enough in this spot, but at the price it is worth the watch.
- #2 CATCHAFALLNSTAR (6-1) is a connection play at a solid price.
- #3 HAPPYKIYAY (4-1) is definitely a contender give the bloodlines.
- #7 MOLLY'S WARRIOR (8-1) has the right speed figures for this spot and should get the best of the race flow.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 7
Post: 5:30 PM ET; Purse: $34,000 Maiden Special Weight, 5 1/2 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 10
- #3 SPIN THAT TUNE (7-5) has experience and that is often a huge advantage. The figures for this one all look to stand over this field.
- #5 FIRST KITTEN (3-1) has run well at the distance before and could improve here to get over the top.
- #8 LET'S DUET (12-1) looks good in this spot based on connections.
- #7 AMORADA (20-1) is a huge price and should be well drawn to outrun the odds in this race.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 8
Post: 6:00 PM ET; Purse: $34,000 Maiden Special Weight, 1 Mile on Dirt; Entries: 9
- #1 FORGOTTEN REALM (9-5) looks good in this spot based on speed figures and pace in this race.
- #2 VERKLIMT (4-1) is the class of the field but the speed figures need to get a bit stronger.
- #4 BEACH KITTEN (8-1) should be able to get the distance without much trouble.
- #9 NILE RIVER QUEEN (3-1) could get the best trip of the group with the outside run.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 9
Post: 6:30 PM ET; Purse: $16,000 Maiden Claiming, 5 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 9
- #9 I MATTER (8-1) goes out for good connections. Maiden claimers have been absolute chaos early in the meet so the 8-1 does little to scare me away.
- #3 LUSH BE A LADY (5-1) has the speed figures and has hit the board at five furlongs.
- #1 NEW YEAR'S DELIGHT (15-1) is a longshot in with a chance, but I wish the post position was further out.
- #5 TIME TO CONFESS (12-1) will be forward early. This one may be able to roll late if the jockey can keep this one out in the middle of the track.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 10- Quarter Horses
Post: 7:00 PM ET; Purse: $17,000 Maiden, 300 Yards on Dirt; Entries: 12
- #4 EGOIST (12-1) has good gate speed and is worth a look at a price.
- #8 COUNT DOWN (7-5) has the top speed index in the group.
- #5 SCREENSHOT (20-1) is interesting as a hookup runner. I like the horses to his inside and outside so maybe this one latches on and gets brave.
- #6 INDEPENDENT EAGLE (6-1) looks competitive here as well.
Betting News Free Handicapping Tools
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
The St. Louis Blues host Game 6. With a comeback in Game 5, they are right back in the series. Colorado is the favorite to extend their road winning streak.