Daily Horse Picks Kentucky Derby Analysis: Harnessing the Power of AI
Our partners at Daily Horse Picks are providing their premium handicapping tools and picks for the 2021 Kentucky Derby for free. Read through to learn about their service and to see their betting picks for Saturday’s big race.
Premium Kentucky Derby packages starting at just $4.99 per day
Why Daily Horse Picks?
In order to be successful as a horseplayer, there are two key components. First is handicapping the race. This requires the player to determine the outcome of the race before it is run.
The second component is ticket construction. Good ticket construction requires players to transform their opinions into profitable bets.
Daily Horse Picks can help with both.
What is Daily Horse Picks?
Daily Horse Picks provides a wide range of information that can help horseplayers quickly make sense of races. Combining past results with artificial intelligence handicapping, DHP provides easy-to-use visuals to bring clarity to each and every race.
Handicapping the Kentucky Derby Using Daily Horse Picks
Class, Speed, and Pace Graphs
DHP provides graphs that chart horses class, speed and pace against the rest of the field. From this graph, the algorithm has identified #15 Rock Your World as having the most speed.
The Daily Horse Picks winning profiles features plots a horse’s speed and pace. It also provides win percentages of horses fitting the profile of the given quadrant. For this race it has been determined that almost half of all races are won by fast horses who are forwardly placed in the pace scenario. #15 Rock Your World has the highest speed and pace ratings in the race based on DHP’s algorithm.
Horse Profile Classic View
Along with the composite graphs, DHP provides an individual summary of each horse.
- The left column includes the horse’s program number, name, jockey and trainer.
- The second column shows the horse’s gender, weight to be carried in the race, and lifetime earnings.
- The third column shows career record starting with starts in bold followed by firsts, top 2 finishes, and top 3 finishes. In the case of Essential Quality he has won all 5 races which also means he finished in the top 2 and 3 of those races. This leads to his 5 5-5-5 line. The win and show (top 3) percentages are listed in this column as well.
- Columns 4,5, and 6 are the horses last three starts. The leftmost column contains the most recent start. The first number is the horse’s finish while the second number is the total runners in the race. This box also contains where the race was run and at what distance.
- The 7th column contains a pace and speed reading. For Essential Quality he possesses speed that rates as “fast” in the group based on overall speed. He also prefers a “stalker” trip meaning that he sits off the leaders and pounces late.
- Column 8 contains the morning line odds of the horse.
- The final column has a three-color bar graph that shows the win, place, and show percentages in today’s race based on the algorithm.
Speed and Pace Bias
The Daily Horse Picks speed and pace matrix shows the win percentage of horses with a given speed and pace rating. In the 2021 Kentucky Derby Essential Quality is listed as a “Fast Stalker” in his horse profile. This type of horse does not have a victory in the Derby-based on the data set used for the algorithm.
Betting the Kentucky Derby Using Daily Horse Picks Selections
Daily Horse Picks offers selections for each race in the system. Horseplayers can choose to bet these exactly as they are provided, boxing the selections, or even experiment with mixing and matching the different selections.
Daily Horse Picks for the Derby:
Prices in parentheses are the cost of the bet based on minimum wager amounts.
- Win Bet: #9 Hot Rod Charlie ($2)
- Exacta Box: #15 Rock Your World and Soup and Sandwich ($2)
- Trifecta Box: #15 Rock Your World, #19 Soup and Sandwich, and #10 Midnight Bourbon ($3)
- Superfecta Box: #2 Like the King, #5 Sainthood, #8 Medina Spirit, #9 Hot Rod Charlie ($24)
If you would like picks and handicapping tools for other races at Churchill Downs or other races around the country, Daily Horse Picks offers a number of premium packages to help you at the track.
Best of luck in all of your Kentucky Derby wagers!
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
With legal sports betting coming to Arizona in September, sports entities there are partnering with prominent sportsbooks. We look at the latest such deal, as Penn National and Phoenix Raceway have joined forces.