Nets vs Thunder Betting Preview: Nets Aim For Four Straight In OKC
In tonight’s packed NBA slate, one potential surprise may be in the Nets vs Thunder showdown in Oklahoma City.
Little was expected of the Thunder this season after they underwent a coaching change and were part of approximately 237 trades. There have been some big losses, but they find themselves a game off of .500 as January winds down. Given the expectations and overhaul of their roster, 8-9 is a respectable start.
The Nets, meanwhile, came in with high expectations that have only gotten higher. The season has been a rollercoaster, but things are trending up at the moment.
Brooklyn Nets vs Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Odds and Information
- Matchup: Brooklyn Nets (12-8, 3-4 away, 4th in the Eastern Conference) vs Oklahoma City Thunder (8-9, 1-5 home, 11th in the Western Conference)
- Date: Friday, January 29, 2021
- Time: 8:00 pm ET/7:00 pm CT
- Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Chesapeake Energy Arena)
- TV: Fox Sports Oklahoma
- Spread: Nets -9 (-110), Thunder +9 (-110)
- Total: OVER 232 (-110), UNDER 232 (-110)
- Moneyline: Nets -405, Thunder +320
Odds via Fanduel as of Friday, January 29
Brooklyn Nets Betting Preview
The Nets have responded nicely after losing consecutive games in Cleveland last week. Since those two double-digit losses to the Cavaliers, the Nets have won three in a row. Last time out, they outlasted the Atlanta Hawks 132-128 in overtime to pick up a solid road win.
Unsurprisingly, much of the Nets’ production revolves around their Big Three. Against the Hawks, Kevin Durant (32), James Harden (31), and Kyrie Irving (26) combined for over two-thirds of the team’s points. That said, there were three double-digit scorers among the group that combined for the Nets’ remaining 43 points.
Defensively, things are still a work in progress, as the Nets have allowed more than 120 points in five of their last six games. Of course, that only matters so much when you are scoring at a high clip and winning, which the Nets have been doing more of lately.
Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Preview
The Thunder started this month with a win, and they are looking to end it with three in a row. They enter tonight with consecutive road wins, having beaten Portland on Monday and Phoenix on Wednesday.
There was a lot of turnover in OKC’s roster in the offseason, but the centerpiece of their future–or the centerpiece of their next big trade–is Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. The third-year guard averaged 19 ppg last season and is continuing to establish himself as one of the NBA’s rising talents. Thus far this season, the Kentucky product is averaging 21.8 ppg, 5.5 rpg, and 6.5 apg.
Veteran big man Al Horford returned against the Suns after a two-weeks absence, and he made an immediate impact with 21 points and 11 rebounds. Horford is averaging 7.5 rpg in 10 games, which he has not done in a season since an injury-shortened 2013-14.
Brooklyn Nets vs Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Stats and Trends
Brooklyn Nets Stat Sheet
- PPG: 119.8 (2nd)
- FG: 49.0 percent (1st)
- 3PT: 39.3 percent (3rd)
- PPG: 115.8 (26th)
- FG: 45.3 percent
- 3PT: 35.5 percent
Brooklyn Nets Recent Form (Last Five: 3-2)
- 1/27/21: Atlanta Hawks 128-132 Brooklyn Nets (OT)
- 1/25/21: Brooklyn Nets 98-85 Miami Heat
- 1/23/21: Brooklyn Nets 128-124 Miami Heat
- 1/22/21: Cleveland Cavaliers 125-113 Brooklyn Nets
- 1/20/21: Cleveland Cavaliers 147-135 Brooklyn Nets (2OT)
Oklahoma City Thunder Stat Sheet
- PPG: 106.2 (26th)
- FG: 45.1 percent (21st)
- 3PT: 33.5 percent (28th)
- PPG: 112.4 (23rd)
- FG: 45.8 percent (16th)
- 3PT: 34.8 percent (5th)
Oklahoma City Thunder Recent Form (Last Five: 2-3)
- 1/27/21: Phoenix Suns 97-102 Oklahoma City Thunder
- 1/25/21: Portland Trail Blazers 122-125 Oklahoma City Thunder
- 1/24/21: Los Angeles Clippers 108-100 Oklahoma City Thunder
- 1/22/21: Los Angeles Clippers 120-106 Oklahoma City Thunder
- 1/19/21: Denver Nuggets 119-101 Oklahoma City Thunder
Brooklyn Nets vs Oklahoma City Thunder Top Betting Trend
- The total has surpassed tonight’s total in six of the Nets’ seven games with James Harden. Monday’s win over the Heat is the only one of the seven to fall short.
Brooklyn Nets vs Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Advice
The Thunder have played above expectations this season. That includes a 129-116 win in Brooklyn on January 10, which was their highest-scoring output of the season. Since then, however, the Nets are 7-2 and seem to be finding their feet.
Oklahoma City’s lone home win this season is a 127-125 overtime win over the Chicago Bulls two weeks ago. Their run of poor home form will continue tonight, but it could be closer than expected. Back the over instead of a side.
Nets vs Thunder Best Bets
- Nets vs Thunder OVER 232 (-110)
Eddie Griffin has been writing about and Betting on sports for over a decade. For more of his thoughts on sports and sports betting, you can follow him on Twitter.