Raptors vs Pacers Betting Preview: Can the Pacers Slow Surging Raptors?
With their form improving, today’s Raptors vs Pacers game should see the visitors high on confidence as they make a push toward the .500 mark.
The Raptors have been a regular fixture at the top end of the NBA standings in recent years, but they face some work to finish up there this season. But with four wins in five games, things are headed in the right direction.
For the Pacers, it has been a positive start under first-year coach Nate Bjorkgren, and they will aim to continue that today. NBA betting odds see the hosts as only a slight favorite, so a tight game could be in store.
Toronto Raptors vs Indiana Pacers Betting Odds and Information
- Matchup: Toronto Raptors (6-9, 1-6 away, 11th in the Eastern Conference) vs Indiana Pacers (9-6, 5-4 home, 2nd in the Eastern Conference)
- Date: Sunday, January 24, 2021
- Time: 1:00 pm ET
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana (Bankers Life Fieldhouse)
- TV: NBATV
- Spread: Raptors +1.5 (-110), Pacers -1.5 (-110)
- Total: Not listed
- Moneyline: Raptors -102, Pacers -120
Odds via Fanduel as of Sunday, January 24 (9:40 am ET)
Toronto Raptors Betting Preview
The Raptors could not have had a more awful start. After back-to-back one-point losses at Golden State and Portland, the Raptors were a lowly 2-8.
It appears that was a turning point. Since their 112-111 loss to the Blazers on January 11, the Raptors are 4-1. The only blemish is Wednesday’s 111-102 loss to Miami, which was promptly made up for with a 101-81 win in Friday’s rematch.
The Raptors have six players averaging double figures, and all six have contributed to the recent surge. Four different players have led the team in scoring in the last five games. But none of those is Pascal Siakam, who is averaging only 15.2 ppg in the last five games after averaging 23.6 ppg in the previous five.
Kyle Lowry, who is averaging 18.2 ppg, missed Friday’s win with a right foot ailment, and he is listed as questionable for today’s matchup.
Indiana Pacers Betting Preview
The Pacers are currently second in the East, and that is certainly impressive. However, it may say more about other teams than it does about the Pacers’ status as a possible contender.
That said, this has been a nice start for the Pacers under their new coach, who has helped unleash a monster in Domantas Sabonis. Sabonis took a big leap in his fourth NBA season, and he made his first All-Star Game. But he has taken it to another level this season, as he is averaging 21.7 ppg, 12.5 rpg, and 5.9 apg.
The Pacers had a couple of rough outings, losing 129-96 to the Clippers last Sunday and 124-112 to the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday. But they got back in the win column Friday night with a 120-118 overtime win over Orlando.
Toronto Raptors vs Indiana Pacers Betting Stats & Trends
Toronto Raptors Stat Sheet
- PPG: 110.5 (19th in the NBA)
- FG: 44.2 (24th)
- 3PT: 37.3 percent (10th)
- PPG: 108.7 (7th)
- FG: 45.1 percent (7th)
- 3PT: 36.4 percent (13th)
Recent Form (Last Five)
- 1/22/21: Toronto Raptors 101-81 Miami Heat
- 1/20/21: Toronto Raptors 102-111 Miami Heat
- 1/18/21: Toronto Raptors 116-93 Dallas Mavericks
- 1/16/21: Toronto Raptors 116-113 Charlotte Hornets
- 1/14/21: Toronto Raptors 111-108 Charlotte Hornets
Indiana Pacers Stat Sheet
- PPG: 113.3 (10th in the NBA)
- FG: 47.7 percent (8th)
- 3PT: 35.6 percent (19th)
- PPG: 111.3 (17th)
- FG: 46.9 percent (21st)
- 3PT: 39.5 percent (29th)
Recent Form (Last Five)
- 1/22/21: Indiana Pacers 120-118 Orlando Magic
- 1/20/21: Indiana Pacers 112-124 Indiana Pacers
- 1/17/21: Los Angeles Clippers 129-96 Indiana Pacers
- 1/14/21: Portland Trail Blazers 87-111 Indiana Pacers
- 1/12/21: Golden State Warriors 95-104 Indiana Pacers
Toronto Raptors vs Indiana Pacers Top Trend
- Sabonis has posted at least a double-double in every game this season. NBA bettors who are backing the Pacers in this one can get the Sabonis double-double/Pacers to win double for +144.
Toronto Raptors vs Indiana Pacers Betting Advice
The Raptors are 1-6 on the road, but today’s matchup profiles as a favorable one for them. They lead the NBA in threes attempted per game (43.3) and are second in threes made per game (16.1), while the Pacers are one of the league’s worst teams by percentage against the three.
That said, if Lowry, one of their most frequent shooters from deep, is unable to go or is limited, the Raptors will need others to step up. But their depth is what has driven their recent run. Therefore, back the visitors to come out on top as they continue their surge up the standings.
Best Bets: Toronto Raptors +1.5 (-110)