Nuggets vs Mavericks Betting Preview: Can the Mavs Get Going Tonight?
With both teams hoping to be among the higher seeds in the Western Conference this season, tonight’s Nuggets vs Mavericks game is a vital one. With so many teams in the West with legitimate playoff aspirations, every game is important in the quest for separation in the NBA standings.
The Nuggets and Mavs faced off in Dallas a couple of weeks ago, and the outcome was decided in overtime. In that game, Luka Doncic (38 points, 9 rebounds, 13 assists) and Nikola Jokic (38 points, 11 rebounds) both played at a high level. But it was the Mavs who took the road win in overtime.
How will tonight’s matchup shake out? NBA odds see it being a potentially close game, but here is a look at tonight’s game and the potential outcome.
Dallas Mavericks vs Denver Nuggets Betting Odds and Information
Matchup: Denver Nuggets (9-7, 5-2 away, 5th in the Western Conference) vs Dallas Mavericks (8-8, 2-3 home, 9th in the Western Conference)
- Date: Monday, January 25, 2021
- Time: 8:30 pm ET/7:30 pm CT/6:30 pm MT
- Location: Dallas, Texas (American Airlines Center)
- Spread: Nuggets -1.5 (-114), Mavericks +1.5 (-106)
- Total: OVER 223 (-110), UNDER 223 (-110)
- Moneyline: Nuggets -126, Mavericks +108
Odds via Fanduel as of Monday, January 25
Denver Nuggets Betting Preview
The Nuggets stumbled out of the gate this season, but over the last few weeks, they have gotten going and have moved up the Western Conference standings.
In their last 11 games, the Nuggets are 8-3 SU, and they enter tonight’s game on a three-game win streak. Overtime was needed to decide their two games in Phoenix on Friday and Saturday, with the Nuggets prevailing in one extra period on Friday night and two extra periods to pull out the win the following night.
Spearheading their turnaround has been Nikola Jokic, who has emerged as a potential NBA MVP candidate in the early going due to his stellar play. Performances like Saturday night’s will only further his candidacy. In 42 minutes, Jokic recorded 29 points, six assists, and an astounding 22 rebounds.
Dallas Mavericks Betting Preview
While the Nuggets have found some consistency, the Mavs have yet to locate theirs. The latest frustrating result for them came Saturday, when they lost by 25 points at home against the Houston Rockets. That defeat came on the heels of two solid road wins over the Indiana Pacers and San Antonio Spurs.
Luka Doncic continues to have a stellar campaign, but it will not result in the MVP he is favored to win if the Mavs don’t start putting more wins together.
Denver Nuggets vs Dallas Mavericks Betting Stats & Trends
Denver Nuggets Stat Sheet
- PPG: 116.8
- FG: 49.3 percent
- 3PT: 36.9 percent (13th)
- PPG: 112.6 (20th)
- FG: 47.5 percent (25th)
- 3PT: 37.7 percent (21st)
Denver Nuggets Recent Form (Last Five: 4-1)
- 1/23/21: Phoenix Suns 112-120 Denver Nuggets (2OT)
- 1/22/21: Phoenix Suns 126-130 Denver Nuggets (OT)
- 1/19/21: Denver Nuggets 119-101 Oklahoma City Thunder
- 1/17/21: Denver Nuggets 105-109 Utah Jazz
- 1/14/21: Denver Nuggets 114-104 Golden State Warriors
Dallas Mavericks Stat Sheet
- PPG: 109.4 (20th)
- FG: 45.4 percent (17th)
- 3PT: 33.1 percent (29th)
- PPG: 109.4 (10th)
- FG: 45.5 percent (12th)
- 3PT: 33.7 percent (4th)
Dallas Mavericks Recent Form (Last Five: 2-3)
- 1/23/21: Dallas Mavericks 108-133 Houston Rockets
- 1/22/21: San Antonio Spurs 117-122 Dallas Mavericks
- 1/20/21: Indiana Pacers 112-124 Dallas Mavericks
- 1/18/21: Toronto Raptors 93-116 Dallas Mavericks
- 1/17/21: Dallas Mavericks 101-117 Chicago Bulls
Nuggets vs Mavericks Top Betting Trend
- In 11 games in January, Doncic has had either a double-double or a trouble-double in nine of those games. Doncic to record a double-double and the Mavericks to win is available at +190.
Denver Nuggets vs Dallas Mavericks Betting Advice & Best Bets
This one figures to be a pretty close contest, but the Mavs will be hungry to get the win tonight after Saturday’s awful performance. Back the hosts to get the win, and take the over as well.
- Dallas Mavericks +1.5 (-106)
- Dallas Mavericks ML +108
- Luke Doncic to score 30+ points/Mavs to win (+190)