- Sports Writing Content - $1000 In Prizes
- Submit your article entry for a chance to win a share of $1,000 in cash.
- Share and promote your article to increase your chances of winning a prize!
Entry Deadline: March 2nd, 2020
Box One: Select an approved topic.
Box Two: Write and submit your article.
Box Three: Share and promote your article!
BettingNews.com is holding a sports betting writing contest and giving away $1,000 in cash to six (6) lucky winners whose articles receive the most readership & views (see terms for details).
Prizes will be allocated as follows:
- 1st Place - $500
- 2nd Place - $250
- 3rd Place - $100
- 4th – 6th Place - $50
In order to enter the contest, you must submit an article no less than 700 words about one of the categories outlined below. Once you’ve submitted your entry, it will be published on BettingNews.com on March 9th and readership and views will be tracked until April 8th, 2020.
Winners will be announced on April 10th, 2020, based on articles that receive the largest amount of views during the contest period. We encourage you to write a unique and compelling story and share it in your network to increase your chances of winning.
Article entries must be a minimum of 700 words and should have a betting focus/angle within the article. Below is the list of topic ideas that can be used for entries:
- 2020 MLB Season Team By Team Previews
- 2020 MLB Season Futures Picks/Analysis
- 2020 NHL Playoff Futures Picks/Analysis
- 2020 Kentucky Derby Contenders Previews
- Betting Tips/Advice For:
Here is a list of example article titles to help give you some context on the categories:
- Here’s Why The NY Yankees Are The Favorite In The 2020 MLB Season
- Why The Goalie Is Not The First Thing You Should Consider When
- Handicapping An NHL Game
- How To Pick Your 2020 March Madness Bracket
- These 3 Horses Have The Best Chance Of Winning The Kentucky Derby
- How To Take Advantage Of Point Spread Movements When Betting NFL
How Do I Win The Contest?
Contestants will win the contest by submitting the article that receives the most amount of views during the contest period. You can increase your chances of winning by sharing your article on social media platforms or reaching out to relevant sports sites to ask for links to your editorial piece to help increase the amount of views.
When Will Winners Be Announced?
Contest winners will be announced on April 10th by the Betting News team and arrangements will be made to pay out the winners.
Can I Submit Multiple Entries?
Yes. Contestants are free to submit as many entries as they wish during the contest period to increase their chances of winning. Each entry must adhere to the contest terms to be eligible.
Can I Write On A Different Topic?
In order to keep a level playing field among contestants, you must choose from one of the topics listed above in order to have an eligible entry.
Can I Submit An Article I Wrote At Another Publication?
Due to duplicate content rules, this is strictly forbidden. All entries must be completely unique content that has not been published before. Any entries found to have been published elsewhere will be disqualified from the contest.