Horseshoe Indy (June 20) Preview, Analysis, Selections
The Midatlantic sweat continues with oppressive heat. The June 20th card from Horseshoe Indy will have a normal 2:30pm post. After that lid lifter will be at 6:45 pm for the remainder of the week.
A Look Ahead
Horseshoe Indy will run Monday through Thursday. The track is a great play for a number of reasons.
Like many other midsized tracks around the country, the track formerly known as Indiana Grand has introduced a low takeout pick 5 that puts more money back in the hands of bettors.
Another innovation has been the inclusion of weekly free contests that draw a slew of on site and online participants. These contests allow players to enjoy the races without wagering a dime. Information on all the contests is most easily found on Tammy Knox’s twitter account.
Horseshoe Indy will have 2 stakes races run on Wednesday’s card. These are part of the Hoosier Sophomore Breeder’s Series. One of the events has a field of 10 while the other was oversubscribed to 13 horses. The latter features the talented Mr. Chaos as the morning line favorite.
For free handicapping tools and expert selections for Wednesday’s action from Horseshoe Indy, check out the Betting News Handicapping tools.
Monday Full Card Analysis
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 1
Post: 2:30 PM ET; Purse: $12,000 Maiden Claiming, 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 8
- #8 INDY REBEL (2-1) has a great shot in the race given the speed & class.
- #4 SPINEL (6-1) is worth a look here given edges in connections & record at the distance.
- #5 AIR PAYNTER (5-1) could get an absolutely dream setup in today’s race.
- #3 BILLUPS (20-1) is a firster which may be just what this group needs. The fresh face may not look much on paper, but these aren’t world beaters.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 2
Post: 3:01 PM ET; Purse: $15,000 Claiming, 5 1/2 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 8
- #1 ROYAL TO BE (7-2) should be in the right spot early to give this horse a chance to get the job done.
- #3 TWO CARROT RANSOM (4-1) is a major player in today's race edging the field in several key handicapping factors including speed & race flow.
- #8 HARLANS PRINCESS (3-1) is in with a great chance based on the horse's record at the distance & power rating.
- #4 COMPRESSED ENERGY (6-1) seems like a fringe contender with enough going her way to be a board hitter.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 3
Post: 3:32 PM ET; Purse: $17,500 Maiden Claiming, 1 Mile on Turf; Entries: 10
- #7 TIZ TACT TOE (2-1) is a major contender given the edge in a number of key categories including speed & class.
- #8 MEMPHIS PRAYER (4-1) is worth a look here given edges in record at the distance & pedigree.
- #3 BOONE'S SPIRIT (10-1) has run speed figures close enough to the top of this field. It wouldn’t take that dramatic of a step forward to get this one where the top pick has been running.
- #4 SAINT COMMISSAIRE (15-1) is the only first time starter in the race and in these maiden claiming races that can sometimes be the most important angle.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 4
Post: 4:03 PM ET; Purse: $43,000 Allowance, 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 9
- #4 BROOKVILLE STORM (5-1) looks like a strong prospect edging the field in several key handicapping factors including class & power rating.
- #2 MORE APPROVAL (3-1) is in with a great chance based on the horse's class & record at the distance.
- #1 LEXI SUN (5-2) has solid class numbers and really does relish this six furlong distance.
- #6 LIL EVIE (3.5-1) should be competitive today based on the horse's speed figures & early pace.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 5
Post: 4:34 PM ET; Purse: $38,500 Maiden Special Weight, 1 Mile on Turf; Entries: 14
- #2 NORA'S STAR (6-1) should be competitive based on the overall breeding of this group and if she takes money into post may be a very live upset possibility.
- #12 BICKERMENTS (5-2) looks tough to beat here given the edge in a number of key categories including speed & class.
- #6 ANJAWAY (20-1) will be on debut here and with so much bankroll committed to the top 2 I will need a price to play underneath.
- #9 CORIMA (6-1) seems to class up ok with these, but may just be a bit too slow in the figures department.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 6
Post: 5:05 PM ET; Purse: $38,500 Maiden Special Weight, 6 Furlongs on Dirt; Entries: 13
- #7 KILLER HOTROD (6-1) is a major player based on speed figures.
- #1 BENNY BOO BOO (4-1) looks to have to have kept the best company in the previous starts.
- #2 WIRE THE CASH (7-2) is worth a look here given edges in record at the distance & form.
- #5 TAY (9-2) seems well meant getting a solid morning line for a first time starter in a field that has a good bit of experience.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 7
Post: 5:36 PM ET; Purse: $36,000 Allowance, 1 Mile on Turf; Entries: 14
- #4 MODERN SCIENCE (8-1) should be competitive today based on the horse's speed & race flow.
- #8 HAWK OF WAR (7-2) is in with a great chance based on the horse's record at the distance & power rating.
- #11 PURPLE DREAM (3-1) is worth a look here given edges pace scenario of the race.
- #3 FREEDOM'S WAY (5-1) is worth a look here given edges in connections which are really solid at having turf runners ready to fire.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 8
Post: 6:07 PM ET; Purse: $34,000 Maiden Special Weight, 1 Mile on Turf; Entries: 14
- #7 BIGGIE (4-1) has a great shot in the race given the connections & form lines.
- #12 AFTERTHECONQUEST (6-1) enters a field on debut against a bunch of flawed runners. This one hasn’t done anything wrong yet and makes sense as an upset possibility.
- #6 FIDELIO (10-1) is another debut runner who may benefit from the field he is facing today which appears fairly soft.
- #3 BUEHLER'S DAY OFF (10-1) is a nice price and has run well at this distance in the past.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 9- Quarter Horses
Post: 6:38 PM ET; Purse: $17,000 Maiden, 300 Yards on Dirt; Entries: 14
- #11 ALOTA LOVIN (3-1) has to be respected today edging the field in several key handicapping factors including class & form.
- #3 TRES OF GLORY (5-2) merits consideration in this spot given edges in speed & pace.
- #13 IMMEASURABLE JOY (6-1) is more likely based on who he’s run against than how fast he’s run.
- #9 MOONFALL (6-1) has speed index numbers to be compete with these.
Horseshoe Indianapolis Race 10- Quarter Horse
Post: 7:09 PM ET; Purse: $18,000 Maiden, 300 Yards on Dirt; Entries: 10
- #8 KNOCKOUT QUEEN (3-1) has to be respected based on the connections.
- #5 ZOOMIN DANCE (4-1) comes out of a barn who is really good with these quarter horses.
- #6 HF PICK SIX (30-1) is a major player in today's race edging the field in several key handicapping factors including speed index figures.
- #4 SILVER THE STORM (12-1) comes into the race signaling a big performance in the near future.
Betting News Free Handicapping Tools
Monday is just the beginning of the race week at Horseshoe Indy. Don’t forget to check out the race profiles, jockey and trainer profiles, and track bias reports available at no charge on Betting News.
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
This week has already brought some very interesting and surprising results on the diamond, including the Oakland Athletics taking the first two games of their series with the Toronto Blue Jays. Entering this week, the A’s had won just eight of their first 36 home games. But after putting up five runs against AL Cy