NHL Preview and Best Bets (February 15): Expect Edmonton to Excel Tonight
It is a new week of NHL betting, and Monday means that there is a packed schedule. There are ten games on today’s slate, including one that has already gotten underway in St. Louis vs Arizona.
The NHL betting gods can be fickle, so there were a number of last week’s NHL best bets that were mere minutes from going down as wins that did not. But where the breaks don’t go the right way one week, they do the next week. Tonight’s NHL betting offerings present some captivating choices to consider, so let’s get to it, shall we?
February 15 NHL Betting Schedule
St. Louis Blues (9-4-2) vs Arizona Coyotes (6-6-2), 4:00 pm ET
New York Islanders (6-4-3) vs Buffalo Sabres (4-4-2), 7:00 pm, NBCSN
Ottawa Senators (3-12-1) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (11-3-1), 7:00 pm ET
Columbus Blue Jackets (7-5-4) vs Carolina Hurricanes (9-3-0), 7 pm ET
Florida Panthers (8-2-2) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (10-2-1), 7:00 pm ET
Chicago Blackhawks (7-5-4) vs Detroit Red Wings (4-10-2), 7:30 pm, ESPN+
Nashville Predators (6-9-0) vs Dallas Stars (5-3-4), 8:30 pm ET
Winnipeg Jets (8-5-1) vs Edmonton Oilers (9-7-0), 9:00 pm ET – NHL Betting Game of the Day
Calgary Flames (7-6-1) vs Vancouver Canucks (7-11-0), 10:00 pm ET, ESPN+
Anaheim Ducks (6-6-3) vs San Jose Sharks (5-7-1), 10:30 pm ET
February 15 NHL Betting Game of the Day
Winnipeg Jets (8-5-1) vs Edmonton Oilers (9-7-0)
Jets vs Oilers NHL Betting Odds
- Moneyline: Jets +122, Oilers -144
- Total: OVER 6.5 (-115), UNDER 6.5 (-105)
The Jets have played only four road games, the lowest amount of any of the North Division teams. Tonight they have a tough test to navigate in Edmonton, with the Oilers in fantastic form at the moment. The Oilers are 6-1-0 in their last seven games, and in their last game, posted an impressive 3-0 road shutout of the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday.
The Oilers and Jets played twice in Winnipeg last month, with the Oilers taking a 4-3 win on January 24 and the Jets taking a 6-4 win two days later. That duo of duels was the start of an ongoing scoring streak for the Oilers. The Oilers have scored at least three goals in their last 10 games, tallying 40 goals in that stretch. The Jets, meanwhile, have scored at least three goals in 10 of their 14 games this season.
Key NHL Betting Game of the Day Trends: The OVER 6.5 is 5-3-0 in Edmonton’s home games this season, and it has hit in both head-to-head matchups between the Oilers and Jets this season. The OVER 6.5 is also 8-5-0 in the last 13 meetings between these two teams.
February 15 NHL Betting: Best Bets
- 1. Jets vs Oilers OVER: The NHL betting trends back the over, and both head-to-head meetings have seen the goals flow.
- 2. Lightning -1.5 vs Panthers: Eight of the Lightning’s 10 wins this season are have been by multiple goals. The Lightning have won all six of their home games this season, with five of those six wins coming by multiple goals.
- 3. Oilers to win vs. Jets: The Oilers are playing very well right now, and they should continue that run at home. Sure, four of their recent wins are against the woeful Senators, but they have also beaten Toronto and Montreal.
- 4. Leafs -1.5 vs Senators: The Senators recorded a nice 2-1 win at Winnipeg on Saturday, but things will revert back to form tonight in Toronto. Nine of the Sens’ 12 losses have been by multiple goals. Six of the Leafs’ 11 wins have been by multiple goals, including five of their six home wins (as part of a 6-2-0 home record).
- 5. Blue Jackets vs Hurricanes OVER: The OVER is 6-1-0 in Carolina’s last seven games. The ‘Canes have scored four or more goals in eight games, including seven of their last eight. The OVER is 4-2-0 in the Blue Jackets’ last six games after being 3-7-0 in their first 10 games.
More Articles You Might like
Latest on Betting News
The Grade 2 Honorable Miss will be run on Wednesday at Saratoga. It is the first of 4 graded stakes races from “The Spa” this week.